Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
no im not selfish at all. i was just having fun and i didnt harm anyone. so please refrain from the personal attacks.

last time i was at there was about a year ago and i was there peak season with some girlfriends and i never witnessed all this thug behaviour to the extent certain people are moaning about

this hotel is not for those who are more mature in age unless they like to have a wicked time.

i really think this thread shold be closed now because a perfectly good hotel is being slated by the people who this hotel is not for.

wulmac if you thought the hotel was loutish in january :shock: perhaps avoiding PDLA in june / july would be a good idea
Why should people like us avoiding PDLA in june / july greenshoes?
How much do you pay?
For me and my family it cost us around £2500 and then the same in spending, don't forget the Oro Blanco is a bloody nice hotel but to get clubbers and some thugs behaving like that is just bang out of order. Don't stick up for them, because one day your holiday mite go to pot and its these people who give us Brits a bad name.
OK people we will bring this topic to a close. As we all know there is something for everybody in PDLA as it is a large area.
just read reviews for oro blanco in pdla - going with a 9 yr old daughter - slightly concerned now - has anybody been there recently - we are going next friday :?
Hi Julie ... the most recent review is from just a few weeks ago. But I have merged your enquiry with this existing 3 page topic, so you may now find some info in earlier posts.

David :wave
have just read other threads :( - going to ring airtours now to see if i can change to another hotel - not sure if i will be able to at such short notice.....
just my luck eh! and it wasnt cheap cost £900 for 2 adults and a child in a studio to those of u out there who may say that we should have booked a better star accomodation..brochure says its ideal for families thats why we booked
thanks anyway
julx
Julie

Good Queen Bess is there at the moment and she pmd me just last week to say its fine and there are no "clubbers". I would advise you to PM her before you do anything.............she is a mature professional person, and I value her opinion.

Ive been there twice out of season with a 10 year old and there were no problems..
she is a mature professional person, and I value her opinion.

HAHAHAHA!!!! Mature and professional?? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/lachen/laughing-smiley-017.gif Thanks for your high (if somewhat misguided) opinion of me! :rofl :shock:

Oro Blanco is absolutley fine Julie. One one of two nights, it could get a little noisey at times, but no more than the average hotel, and to be honest, I am being picky. It was just people coming in and slamming a door, that's all. During the day it was fine. The pool was cleaned everyday and there was lots of kids (even though it was supposed to be a school week). So your daughter will have a great time.
There were hardly any of the 18-30 clubbing crowd in the hotel at all really.
The rooms are nice and clean and the reception staff seemed friendly. It was my third visit to that hotel and I would go again (now infact). Fair enough, it's not the type of place I'd go to May-Sept because of the clubbers, but would certainly go at this time of year!! It's exactly what it it says on the tin, cheap and cheerful. Infact, I've stayed in worse places for suppose higher star ratings. The self-catering facilites are fine and there is plenty of wardobe space. Towels and changed virtually everyday. Infact, we left a few pots one day and the maids cleaned them!!
Opps, forgot to add. I'm going to add a review now, probably very similar to what I just said.

Have a great time Julie!
:rofl Queenie, I didnt know you were back already!

Glad you came on!

Julie give it a go, honestly it was exactly this time of year we were there ............it wasnt five star luxury, but it certainly was a lot better than other complexes where I have stayed which had a higher star rating.

And you dont have to get up first thing in the morning to bag a sunbed either!
Yes, I am back Tootsie! Booo!!

Although I think Oro Blanco is a great place to stay out of season/winter, I wouldn't go May to September.

Just regarding the clubbers. I have just been reading about the Oro Blanco on another review site: http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/frames.htm You'll just have to look on the list to find the right hotel.
To quote some: "It was great seeing people on the balcony's when we got in until 5.30am...........very noisy.......not great for famlies...... a word of warning not to jump in the pool at 5am as the security fine you. Although it is funny to watch......we were followed by the security guard, apparantly we gave them a hard time"

According to the rules at the Oro Blanco, you can be thrown out for this behaviour. Why isn't it enforced? I'm not a party pooper, and if people want to go out all night, it's their holiday, no problem. We all have one too many every now and then, especially on holiday, but I don't go on holiday to get so drunk everynight I can't control myself. Just because PDLA is a clubbers resort, doesn't make roundy behaviour at all hours when you arrive back at your apartment acceptable, especially some of the behaviour that is mentioned by some of the reviewers in the above site.
Behaviour that will deliberatley and frequently disturb other people isn't acceptable and should have it's consequences. It can spoil someone's sleep and their holiday. This isn't about me being a saddo or a loser, this is about having consideration for others.
Hello everyone.I've just joined after a really long look at some of the questions and more importantly the excellent answers given by members, I thought I'd ask one. :lol:
Are the Oro Blanco Appartments as bad as some people have said in the review section or as good as others say in that same place. I know you can't please everyone but it seems its either love it or hate it.
If anyone could help it would be much appreciated as we are already booked(thats me the better half and our 4 kids 19 16 14 and 12)for 2 weeks at the end of September . :D
If you could help with some bars for a familly group I'd be very grateful.Thankyou in advance.
John
Weve stayed here twice with our son (11) but both times were in the winter (first time in October second time in January)

I imagine in the summer they are completely different, with a much younger crowd................thus the differing reviews.

They are not luxury thats for sure, but they are certainly clean, the pool area is very nice, with a well set out sun terrace and steps leading down to the pool, and for the price I couldnt complain about them at all. The bar area at night isint very nice but there are loads of bars around the area, see the bar reviews above.

They are very central, the reception staff were friendly and efficient. We wanted a budget holiday, and for the money they were fine

My friend Good Queen Bess who is a member on here also stayed in them a few times with her husband and she has said they are "cheap and cheerful" and I would totally agree with her.
Thanks Tootsie.The idea that the hotel will be lively doesn't bother me as my kids can be boistrous but some of the things I've read make me wonder :wink: ! I've stayed in some cheap and cheerful hotels and appartments before and really enjoyed them and I
know that we will enjoy this one :D .
As I've said before, the Oro Blanco is a great place to stay between October and April. I've not been there in the summer, and have heard bad reports during those months, but we've been three times and every time it's been fine, but we always go in winter.
I've been reading some reviews on other sites and most agree the Oro Blanco is great for famillies in October so it seems that I booked a couple of weeks early :!: I'm travelling out on the 19th of September.We're in the Club Oro Blanco as we're in a 3 bedroom appartment with thee kids getting older now and Airtours said it was slightly better.Would they be right about this and are the 3 bed appartments as big as they say :?:
Thanks again Tootsie and Good Queen Bess and everyone else on this board :D
You should be ok though Toon, as it is the end-ish of the summer season.

Have a great holiday!! :pele
Thankyou again Good Queen Bess and I love the dancing elephant emoticon lol :thanks
You're welcome.

The elephant is available on this site - just click on "view more emoticons" and he's there! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.