Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I wouls say the highland beach resort, hands down but if they cant fit you in on your dates, the Osbourne would have to be your choice.

Mike
I have stayed in both ,and to be honest I would stay in either of them again, I do have to say the Highland Beach is the better quality of the two.
Thanks for your replies, The offer for the Osborne includes xmas gala meals and 3 evening meals each week, so it does look the better deal, but I'm not too sure about the area the Osborne is in,it looks a bit far from the beach?, and Candolim where the HB is seems to be a favourite with a lot of peple.
Its my first time, so I'm very confused?? Does anyone think the extra £150 each justifies the Highland? thanks.
Hi we stayed at the Osborne this year and the beach is about a 15 minute stroll down holiday street but has shops etc on way and can be quite interesting. We also found the Osborne fine we stayed in phase 2 and our room had a bedroom also a wet room and separate sitting area with chairs and tv showing all channels and fridge.
hi not been for a couple of years but have stayed in the osbourne twice in the last 5 years for 2 weeks and it is not the most comfortable place to stay but it is CLEAN! which is very important in goa... the food is not up to much wouldn't personally eat there if it was free as there are so many excellent restaurants within a couple of miles of the hotel... the walk to the beach is a bit far in my opinion and for a couple of pound you can get a taxi to drop you off and pick you up so why walk?

cant comment on the other hotel as i have not stayed there but i would stay in the osbourne again if i got a good deal as it is an excellent base for you holiday...

good luck!
Thanks once again, I still havent booked, as i am watching the prices, but the Osborne seems to come up cheaper all the time, and as no- one is really commenting on the Highland being so much better i think we will go with the Osborne. The Highland also has some dodgy reviews on some sites and the superiority of the Highland seems to depend on room allocation. thanks again all.
Any more comments would be most welcome.
From the Osborne, it's a 10 min stroll across the Calangute- Candolim road, down the lane beside the church in the middle of the road, which brings you to the beach beside the Fishermans Retreat shack. Or just along the main road to Daytrippers and down Holiday St. It's certainly not worth a taxi ride unless you are unable to walk for health reasons, in my opinion
Alan
Alan, Thanks for your reply. We like a good walk , so glad to hear your comments, as we would probably walk it in the daytime.
What about the night time -going out for a meal and a drink. Are there many places within walking distance or would you suggest a taxi for evenings? (especially coming back) S
There's quite a few within easy walking distance, and it's only a short taxi ride to either Candolim or Calangute centre. We eat mostly round about there, and there's a selection of reasonable places to suit most tastes and pockets.
Alan
Stayed at the Highland over ten times going again in January, need i say anymore.

:tup NEIL :tup
Hi Suo

We have stayed at both hotels twice and find both hotels fine,the 1st time we staying in osbourne was a single room with no ac but ceiling fan which due to the time of yr we went (march) it was hard to sleep on a night even with the ceiling fan on, 2nd time we upgraded to a room with sperate bedroom lounge, the bedroom had a/c which was fine (March again), like other members have said plenty of choice to eat near the osbourne.....distrance to beach i think is roughly the same to be honest. I do how ever prefer the highland beach as we now prefer candolim to calangute although we still spend a couple of evening visiting bar/restaurant to see staff we've come to know over the yrs ........13th visit booked for feb:-)

Enjoy your holiday:-)..........im sure you'll get bit by the bug!!

Jules
Stayed at both hotels, Highland wins over The Osbourne much better class of hotel
worth the extra :)
annx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.