Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I think everyone else's reviews speak for themselves! People are having the same problems over and over again. It's ok for a person to say everything went ok with their booking (so far). There's maybe 1 in 10 people where it may run smoothly and (lucky them) sod you Jack I'm alright attitude....but what about all the people who they HAVE ripped off or ruined their WHOLE holiday. I'm disabled and was left stranded at the hotel reception because they didn't know anything about us arriving followed by problem after problem. People shouldn't have to chase their hotel up when it should be booked in the first place. Why do their job for them??? There's no excuses at all for their behaviour and lack of customer care.
Not belittling anybodies problems but no matter which company there are problems.

Here on HT which is the premier holiday site we get to hear about the problem bookings, the holidays from hell and all the other things that can and do go wrong. OTB are just like the other TOs/Agents who really do need to get their act together.

For any who may have missed it OTB have now registered (as at least one other has done) here on HT and have offered to try and assist any who have a problem. You can find the link here.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=134479

It does show the power of HT when TOs/Agents decide to join and take note of what is being said.

fwh
I have been on 3 holidays since my OTB holiday in December 08. I have only been back from Turkey 3 days. All 3 holidays since then, with Thomson, First choice and Thomas Cook have run as smooth as silk. With OTB the problems myself and many others have had, seems to be a regular complaint. Companies do have problems on a day to day basis but when so many people have the same complaints about OTB, then something is seriously wrong. :think I am in the process of taking them to the small claims courts and I am not going back on my word.
Sorry Seashells but I don't have the I'm alright Jack attitude and hate that attitude myself.

I travelled with JMC a few years ago and had major problems, I took it further and was compensated. Thomas cook a year later point blank refused to admit that the hotel they sent us to had any issues when it clearly did. I have just returned from accomodation booked with OTB and had no problems at all, friends travelled with them last year and again had no problems at all.

At least if everyone shares all their experiences people can make a more informed decision about who they choose to book with and those who have already booked with OTB will know that it's not all doom and gloom.
Stephm

I dont think its fair or constructive to simply say do not book with OTB maybe you work for another agent perhaps?

People want to know what experiences you have with companies rather than silly slanderous statements.

I have booked with On the Beach for the past 3 years (5 holidays) and never had any problems with them as a company in fact I saved a lot of money on each holiday I booked.

I also see that they have joined HT and offer help clients you dont see the bigger named agents doing this so I take my hat of to them and I look forward to booking with them this summer come on Kavos :cheers cant wait just checking prices now!

I'm sure if you search any agent for complaints ALL will have some one that has an axe to grind about them its rare for some one to write good comments about companies if they dont have any problems dont you think!
krom wrote:

I have booked with On the Beach for the past 3 years (5 holidays) and never had any problems with them as a company in fact I saved a lot of money on each holiday I booked.

I also see that they have joined HT and offer help clients you dont see the bigger named agents doing this so I take my hat of to them and I look forward to booking with them this summer come on Kavos cant wait just checking prices now!

Presumably that was with staff discount, as you share the same IP address as member OnTheBeachHolidays, whom you take your hat off to.

David :wave
:rofl Might know a fair bit about holidays but obviously not too IT literate. Still one of the main complaints about OTBeach is its somewhat misleading computer system so that post might explain a lot.

Doe :wave
Krom

Think that was what is called a complete and utter waste of time :rofl :rofl :rofl
:welcome to HT Krom

Congratulations - you probably just did as much damage to OTB as any post on this forum.

John.
Oh Dear you really have messed up. Hope the boss had approved it or you could really be in trouble.

fwh
An IP address is not the be all and end all when trying to identify someone though it is just one factor. Personally I find it uncomfortable that this info was outed and feel that contacting the member concerned in private would have been more appropriate.
Hi Stardust2000 ... yes, an IP address is just one of the factors which we take into account. With the specific IP address in this case, only 2 of 43964 members have ever posted from that precise address, both with an interest in the company in question.

When we have an apparent deception, for example in cases where a company representative may be posing as a satisfied customer of their own company, we feel that we have a duty to highlight that within the relevant topic for the benefit of other members who may be taken in by the deception, perhaps thinking that it is a genuine and unbiased recommendation.

David
I agree 100% with what you say.

If Krom has a connection with OTB, then he/she should have declared it. As other members have said, the attempt to give a good review of OTB has probably had the opposite effect.

I do agree with Krom on a couple of points though:
I dont think its fair or constructive to simply say do not book with OTB maybe you work for another agent perhaps?
People want to know what experiences you have with companies rather than silly slanderous statements.

I also see that they have joined HT and offer help clients
Hi Prettypollycat .. yes, I agree with you there. It's pointless members posting to say don't book with a certain company, without taking time to explain or substantiate their reasons for making such a statement. However, in the case highlighted above, the member concerned had previously taken time to outline his grievances in one of the other complaint topics about OTB. We too would welcome any positive input or dialogue from OTB to address members' complaints.

Stardust2000 wrote:
An IP address is not the be all and end all when trying to identify someone though it is just one factor. Personally I find it uncomfortable that this info was outed and feel that contacting the member concerned in private would have been more appropriate.

It's expressly against the terms and conditions of this site to have more than one account, even for recreational purposes. Let alone in an attempt to deceive members.
Both OnTheBeachHolidays and Krom would have signed up to these when joining.

Admin and Mods have always been very welcoming of individual travel agents and tour companys when they have joined HT to try and help members.

Yes the OP should perhaps have given more details on this thread, although they did elsewhere on HT, but that doesn't really make what Krom did OK.

Doe :wave
I agree with your very valid points David and Doe, so in that case if all factors do match then the second account should be deactivated.
On the Beach has not requested that any of our staff members post reviews posing as customers. You can see on several other threads on this site we are prepared to stand up and be counted where we are at fault. When a customer chooses to post positive or negative comments regarding our company on sites such as these, we take an active interest in contacting them openly as On the Beach and offering them an opportunity to discuss their issues. We do not condone the staff actions in this case and totally understand this was not how we want to communicate to customers.

We thank you for your understanding and hope our open approach on previous threads on this site shows what are intentions are when responding to customers comments.

To David HT Mod, due to the fact that no we cannot find the source at On the Beach, we would ask if it is possible that you could deactivate or remove the account called krom.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.