General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi we've stayed in a couple of hotels lately that allow four people in one room,Club Bahamas in playa den Bossa,Ibiza,thomas Cook and Ledra Beach,Paphos with Portland ,our friends have two sons,one was 15 ,one 12 when we went to Paphos this year and both were younger when we went to Ibiza.I think the older son was classed as an adult but they only had one room.Both hotels are AI.i think some of the Fiesta chain of hotels in Ibiza also have family rooms. Hope this helps,T.
Thanks, Ill check them out. Not sure about Ibiza with its rep 4 clubs and being July can imagine roudy.
Ibiza is a bit like England, go to some city centres of a weekend and prepare to be disgusted, shocked and amazed all in one glance. Alternatively spend that same weekend in the Cotswolds and you'll probably have the most relaxing time of your life... same country different experience.

Unfortunately the masses have spoilt the worlds perception of Ibiza, Ibiza has some of the most picuresque beaches, towns of all the Balearics and indeed Europe, just avoid San Antonio ;)
Hmm unfortunately in most hotels over 12's are classed as adults and then in kicks health and safety rules over number of adults in the room . It's normally 16 for apartments.

I often find though that these rules are often impossed by the tour operators and if you contact the hotel with a view to booking direct with them and organising your own flights , all very easily done and normally cheaper anyway you may find them happy to keep you all in the same room and make a good saving at the same time .

I found ibiza to be our favourite and most picturesque of the balerics . Beautiful in the north of the island.

lyn
ibiza is much more than san antonia which by the way is fantastic for entertainment. a few years ago we stayed in puerto san miguel and its a lovely little place. going again in 2010 to port d es torrent which also sounds lovely and not to far to walk to san an if we want to for a change.
Hi,

As there are 4 of you - have you thought about renting a cottage / villa ? Can sometimes be cheaper than a hotel - especially if you sort own flights out?

Mark
My friend has got a child price for her 11 year old son and 13year old daughter to go to the Hemera hotel in Turkey.
This was with Cosmos/Monarch so maybe they do child prices at other destinations for up to 16years.
I managed to get a child price up to 14 at the hemera last year too Jean .Was your friend booked into one of the apartments . There are a few around but I think the problem lynds will have is putting a 4th in a standard hotel room . Where many T/O allow 2 adults and 2 children in a room they wont allow 3 adults + 1 child once one of those children is over 12 . I'm pretty sure its due to Health & Safety .

You will normally need a family room which often have huge supplements actually making it cheaper to book 2 standard rooms anyway .

Personally I would check with the hotel direct .

lyn
hi lynwestie.....I got 2 weeks AI in the lago taurito, playa taurito, in gran caneria....flying out on the 19th july...cost me £2842 with thomascook....there is lots for the youngsters to do onsite...free water park ....we got a family room....for myself hubby son in 20's and a 15yr ....but I booked really early.... its really gone up now...but maybe will be cheaper again in sales after the new year....tweetie
I got a child price for the Barut Arum (also Side, Turkey) for next July. My daughter will be 16 :think I can't remember for certain, but I'm pretty sure she was an adult this year aged 15....at the same hotel :rofl

I know we've definitely been paying adult prices for a few years, so good to be taking two 'children' on holiday again.
Lynn,My friend was in a family room,the ones with a separate area for the twin beds.
I dont know if these are more expensive than a standard room. :que
hi jaytrip....its unpedictable price wise....last year the family rooms were more expensive than the doubles...but when I booked in oct for next year the double rooms were the more expensive option for us...I booked for my son and his wife as well as our group of 4 and they got a family room too...and it was the cheaper option for them as well.....I was checking prices ect out afterwards and at some point the double rooms then became more expensive.....maybe thomascook had reservations with the hotel for lots of family rooms but thought they might not be in as great a demand as previous years so was offering them cheaper to every one even couples.....my thoughts afterwards were that even though on booking confirmations they have stated we have family rooms .....if there is then a demand for them for families with young children then we could find ourselves in twin rooms ....which I wont mind as long as they keep us together.....tweetie
we have 3 children and always find rooms a problem, as they re all young we dont want 2 seperate rooms. what we do is book the hotel direct, you usually find it s only the tour operater who are more fussy. Or look at apartments on hotel complexes.
i have 2 teenage children, and the idea of all of us being in 1 room would just spoil my holiday...

we have either gone self catering in an apartment, or found hotels, such as first choice holiday village, or suite hotel fueteventura, or viva menorca, which do an apartment, and do AL/INC...
we also stayed half board in tenerife, in a 1 bed apartment.....

my youngest is 14 and i have just got her as a free child, on AL/INC to menorca.....

good luck.
On Club Bahamas own website there is a Christmas offer,by booking direct you can save a fortune,we've already booked our holidays so it is too late for us but I priced up flights and hotel,Manchester in August,2 adults 16 yr old and 13 yr old all in one room and it came out at just over £3000 AI,taxi from airport to hotel is only about 15e so no need for transfers.If anybody is interested pm for details,offer closes at the end of the month,13 yr old was free.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.