Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
P&O Aurora
15 Posts
Hi.
My wife and our 18 month old girl are off in April 10th for 16 nights on the Aurora.Can anyone answer me a couple of questions....What is this ship really like?
And we had the mis fortune to go on the tomson spirit last year (our first cruise) and we were so so dissapointed,so off with p&o now...Any good?
Honest ?
Hi,
I cruised on the Aurora with my husband in Nov 03 just after the cruise that was hit by the sickness virus. The ship was beautiful and so clean you could eat off the floor. I think the previous passengers had just been unlucky to become ill. They had that very loud couple from the tv programme 'Wife Swop' on board as 'professional complainers.' We couldn't fault the ship,crew or food. Only 'problem' is Aurora is so big it takes a while to find your way around,even with the little deck plan you get in your cabin. This was our first cruise so we didn't know what to expect. We have since been on Black Watch and Braemar and both are very good but much smaller than Aurora. I would go again tomorrow if the price was right. We had a good deal last minute, probably due to the unfavourable reports at the time. I;ll be looking again after the recent engine trouble. Hope this helps.
Hi,

My Father and myself have just spent christmas on the Aurora,we cruised the canaries for nine nights. 8)

The ship was wonderful its only four years old and is spotlessly clean. :)

The food was incredible,the staff are amazing and the entertainment was excellent,and the kids had their own staff and area,they were having fun.

We made many friends on board and are cruising again with one family we met. :lol:

I have been on several cruises,and this will rank among one of the best !

Hope this helps,if you have any questions please ask and i will try to help.

Regards,

Gavin.
I'll endorse Gavin's comments - the Aurora is a lovely ship. I sailed on her in her maiden season around the med and again for the xmas 2005 cruise. Your daughter will be well looked after in the kid's club. The problems with Novovirus seem to have been eradicated and everyone eating at the Orangery buffet has to cleanse their hands with anti bacterial solution.

I've also been on the Thomson Spirit and although I thought the entertainment was excellent on the Spirit, the food and service on the Aurora is far superior, as are the cabins.

I'm sure you will have a fabulous time.

:pele
......that web link when I typed Th.om.son has nothing to do with me!!
Don't worry about it Jennie, it's a new feature of the site. :wink:

luci :wave
Are the shows in the Curzon Theatre performed once a night or do they perform an early and late show?

Regards

Dudley
Hi Dudley,
I think it must be two performances as we were on second sitting and we definately saw some shows. I think that if you like the evening quiz you have to choose between that and the later show as they start around the same time.
Thanks for the reply Maureen. We will have to wait to see which sitting we are on as we are down on the late sitting wait list and we will not know until we are on board.

:D :D
hi there , just wondered if any of you seasned cruisers can help, we are off on a short cruise onboard aurora in a few weeks and as my husband lives in polo shirts and jeans it is time to get him rigged out.
He does have a very nice quality dark suit , would this be acceptable if we get some very smart shirts and ties?
thanks, shirley
Hi yes a dark suit is acceptable and especially as you are not sure whether cruising is for you. If you did want to you can normally hire a suit on board. Not sure about P&O as it is many years since I cruised with them.
Just enjoy it and maybe it will be the start of something BIG

Sue
thanks keela , that is big help, will just pick up a couple of nice shirts and ties for him and see how we go on, thanks, shirleyv.
hi.shirley..........a dark suit is just fine for the formal/semi-formal nights......
i wear a tux on the formal nights .but a lot of men dont as long as your man is in a smart suit .it will be fine..
anymore info you require please ask..........
regards.........john-doe...........p.s...i wear a tux because my wife says i will..... :D :D :D
Now merged with existing topic.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.