General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Welcome to the forums Robert.

If it is a case of disinclination to travel and you are not seeking any form of recompense, then I can't imagine any additional fees which might be applicable. However, if you were seeking any sort of refund, then you could leave the others liable for fees such as accommodation under occupancy charges.

David :wave
You wont have to pay anything extra. We once couldn't go on a holiday and only found out two days before travel.

Obvioulsy you lose your money, but they shouldn't chase you for anything else.
Just a little careful here though.

If it is just you not going and the others in the party are and you were meant to share a room with another person in that party, the party still going may have to pay a single supplement or under occupancy charge.

All in my opinion.

Mark :)
Wouldn't that only be the case though Mark if he wanted his money back? I'm sure a full paying adult should cover any extra underoccupancy charge.
It'd be different if he'd only paid the deposit!
There may be a charge to alter things on the tickets etc but usually not very much!
The OP doesn't say when they are going. They may have paid for the holiday but are not going in 10 weeks time, in case a % of the holiday cost is refunded. The OP may have told their friends this without realising:

But as a result of this, others may have to pay for the single supplement/under occupancy.

Very unlikely to happen though if the full cost has been paid with no refund due (usually within 7 days of departure).

He says the holiday is fully paid so I dont see how under occupancy applies.

They will have paid underoccupancy supplements (if indeed they were applicable in the first place) at the time of paying off the balance so I can't see how the hotel or the apartment are owed anything. :que
Doe,

The OP may well have fully paid, but if he cancels say 7 weeks before he is due to fly out, he would be entitled to a partial refund.

But because of that, an under occupancy charge / single supplement may apply for the person who he is sharing the room with.

It is a posibility and should be considered.

Remember if that is the case, the full amount hasn't been paid and therefore a change to the booking has effectively been made.

Different if he were to fly out tomorrow or is not asking for the partial refund.

But he's paid everything owed by him! This means even if there is a refund the others in the group can use this money to pay for any extra u/o that may then occur. The OP was worried about any 'Extra costs' on top of what he'd paid!
If there is then any refund money left over after the others have paid the extras then he can have this.
I don't think the OP wants any money back, just doesn't want to pay any extra!
Who is the lead name? He cannot cancel or amend if he is not the lead.

fwh
Thanks for all the comments.

I am not the lead name, just a regular name. I am not fussed about getting money back, I have resigned to the fact that its gone. From what I read I can be pretty confident that I will not have to pay out more.

Thanks, Robert.
MarkJ HT Mod wrote:
Doe,

The OP may well have fully paid, but if he cancels say 7 weeks before he is due to fly out, he would be entitled to a partial refund.

But because of that, an under occupancy charge / single supplement may apply for the person who he is sharing the room with.

It is a posibility and should be considered.

Remember if that is the case, the full amount hasn't been paid and therefore a change to the booking has effectively been made.

Different if he were to fly out tomorrow or is not asking for the partial refund.

He isnt asking for a refund of anything so why is there anymore to pay ? He is just walking away from a fully paid up booking.

I am obviously extremely dense as I can see no reason for under occupancy needing to be paid if you walk away from a fully paid up booking.

Why would you pay a single room supplement if two people have paid in full ?

The hotel wont care how many people sleep in the room as they have had two adults pay in full.

One person + single room supplement is still less than 2 peoples full payment which is what the hotel have received.
Doe,

That wasn't made clear in the OP. He is now not asking for a refund so it doesn't matter now.

However, had he asked for a partial refund, my theory may well have applied.

I'm not sure if he wants someone to take his placew with his ex-g/friend, but if he does, they can change names on the ticket for a price.

I'm willing to travel cheap!

:D :D
I thought that as well Parky, also she might have a view as to who she wishes to go away with too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.