Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
palm oasis
11 Posts
Which tour operator have you booked with?
i booked direct ,so i never used a tour operator
You must have been now but I have only just joined this forum! I hope you enjoyed it! We went to Palm Oasis in 2003 - lovely apartment with a lovely large pool as it was in August it was very hot and quite quite although the pool wasn't too bad most of the time but you sometimes had to be quick to get a sunbed with umbrella. We are going back this year - looking forward to it.
wendye
hi yes we have been and we liked it so much were going back next xmas .it makes a change to find a place that really is as good as it looks in the pictures. we met some nice people & had great time, all though the food wasnt up to much, except for bbq night . i cant beleive how much the price of flights have gone up though since i booked last time .100 pounds
extra per person :roll:
Yeah I know what you mean although ours haven't gone up as much as £100 - that must be because you are going at Christmas. When we went in 2003 I got flights for about £204 if I remember correctly that was for August. We are going at the end of July this year and I only managed to get them for £237.50 because they were night flights! Having said that I booked the others alot earlier so would have got a better price. Did you use the minibus service to get there? We will be - I don't know if you know but Palm Oasis are timeshare apartments. We went from the Holiday Club memebership that we had rather foolishly bought into previously but we now have a timeshare ourselves in Majorca and got our accommodation free of charge this time (as part of the deal - we could have got accommodation in Cancun but couldn't quite stretch to the cost of all the flights this time).

I agree with you about the food but we didn't eat there that much as it was very cheap to get a taxi into Playa Del Ingles and we found a lovely bar/restaurant there - the bbq night was good though.
we did use the mini bus service . we found it ok ,there was a guy waiting for us when we arrived so we didnt have any problems .
i did know it was time share but from what iv read on the owners forum ,its cheaper if you book like we did rather than buy a week because we paid about the same for our hoiliday as the owners are paying in service costs
Our timeshare isn't at Palm Oasis it's at Cala Pi in Mallorca and our services charges are only around £250 so that wouldn't go anywhere near what it should have cost to rent to One Bedroomed and Studio apartments we are booked into for July - I looked on their website too that would have cost us over £1400 for the 2 weeks so we did pretty well really. Lovely apartments though aren't they!
hi, anyone stayed at palm oasis, maspalomas, i know it is mostly time share but we have the chance to rent an apartment straight from the hotel, and it does not appear on the hotel reviews site. Would be grateful for any info.
Hi Cath ... I have merged your enquiry with this previous thread, which may provide a little info. I will ask Admins to add the complex to our reviews site, in the hope of picking up some more feedback. However, it seems to be a mix of holiday and timeshare accommodation, and so it's possible that standards of facilities, decor, etc could perhaps vary between apartments and this should be taken into account when reading any reviews.

David :wave
EDIT: The Palm Oasis has now been added to our reviews section. Anyone wishing to add a review, please click here.
not quite, palm oasis started life as a full time timeshare, with the different idea of freehold being included in the sale. Some owners dont go as often as they used, and so rent/sell/give their weeks to friends etc. The management also has apartments spare it rents out. But as far as I am aware the apartments are all the same on the complex. I am not sure what the hotel rooms are like as regards size, but I think all services including daily maid service are included.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.