Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
palma nova
18 Posts
We are off to the Sol Tordos/Mirlos in 4wks so I'll let you know what it's like. Do you have young children?
lucky you bet u can t wait! well are boys will be 14 an 9 then will be really helpful thanks
:lol: hi my husband and i can recommend the son matias hotel. it was excellent in every way from food to entertainment. it has great reviews on hotel reviews and has a great beach front position. we were there two years ago in august and the staff couldnt do enough for you----netsie
thanks alot will have a look
Click Here and take a look at some of the hotels in Palma Nova where posters have left their reviews.
Hello terr68
I agree with everything Netsie says about the Son Matias. We have been in January 06 and 07, and we think it is great but it is a 'No Children' Hotel.
We have also stayed several times at the hotel Santa Lucia which is next door and they do have children there. It is also a very good hotel.
Regards Sue
The Torrenova Marina is an excellent hotel which caters for families especially children. The food, rooms, entertainment and facilities are excellent though its position is uphill. You are sure to enjoy what this hotel has to offer.
Hello all, talking of the hotel Marina Torrenova, we have booked to go in October with my daughter and our two gransons I have seen some good reports for this hotel, but the one thing that keeps coming up is the bar prices. Can any one tell me if they are as dear as people are saying or just 3* hotel prices, it is that I have seen on some reports that is best to take your own drink, but I am not one to try and do this your replys are needed.

Thanks,
Dave.
you will find if you take your own drinks into the bar pool ect.you may be asked to leave or pay the price of the drink you have taken with you,ok round pool is not so bad,but in bar no,drinks are a bit more than bars,thats how they make the money.
Hello djwoody, thanks for your reply don't get me wrong I don't mind paying hotel prices and know that they are always more than the local bars, it is just that on the thomson site people say that they take there own drinks as they are so dear. I just wanted to know how dear, are they way over the top or just hotel prices.

Dave
i would get drinks from shop.i do anyway but keep an eye out.your looking at say 1 .50 for a cola and you can 3 for that in cans at shop
djwoody, have you stayed at the Marina Torrenova?
I think what he's saying is in a lot of reviews the bar prices have been ridiculous! 3.8 euros for a pint of local lager??? kids drinks are also quoted as being way over priced and not 1.5 euros! Plus many of the reviews state that they take their own drinks to eat!
santa lucia is a great quiet hotel
hi, can any one tell me the price of cigerets in palma nova
will
hi there, we stayed at the Marina Torrenova in october 06 and found it a very clean hotel the staff were friendly and happy to help, we did find the bar a bit expensive (but your on holiday enjoy it), the only set backs about the hotel is that it is up a hill and the pool is half in the shade untill the afternoon which makes it hard to get a sunbed,but it's close to the beach and set in a quite location, food was ok just depends on your taste buds really, we would return to this hotel as we had a great time.
We went to the Santa Lucia when our boys were a similar age to yours last year. Hotel is great, excellent rooms and service, however the food isn't fabulous for 'picky' kids but ours always managed to find something! We have been 4 times with the boys and the selling point was the beach on the doorstep. Only downside was there are no 4 bedded rooms you will have to pay for two rooms which means you are paying for 4 adults but well worth it, we emailed the hotel a week before we were due to go and requested interconnecting rooms, we made sure the outside door was always locked and the boys used to go out through our room. I can certainly recommend the hotel. Sparkycat x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.