Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Palma nova is quieter than magaluf but is only a 15 minute walk to magaluf. Magaluf is not what it was like in the 80's its quiter because most of the young crowd goto places like aiya napa, cyprus and faliraki rhodes. When I stayed in palma nova I went to magaluf twice and it was quiet, this was the end of july and the beginning of august

When I stayed in palma nova I found it a boring resort and I am no spring chicken, into my 40's now.

If you stay somewhere like the sol barbados in magaluf its away from the resort centre and quiet, well it was quiet when I stayed there in the late 80's when all the bad reports were on the TV.

I think magaluf is still carrying the bad reputation it got in the 80's but a lot of changes have happened since then, a promanade has been built, beach bars shut down and more family accommadtion available.
We stayed at the Sol Antilles/Barbados 3 years ago and had one of the best holidays ever. Magaluf has something for everyone, there is plenty going on. If you pick your accomodation right and don't pick something to close to the 'strip' you won't even notice any of the young crowd. Would recommend Magaluf to everyone.
magaluf still has the bad stigma attached to it , but belive me its all wrong , im 35 and bought a place there 3 years ago and it just gets better and better . yes it has people having a laugh and getting drunk ( what resort doesnt ) but nothing like you read up on the web .

if you want your daughter and her mates to enjoy it goto magaluf because they will hate the walk every night ( as this is were they will be going !! guaranteeeeeed !)

my penneth said :lol:
We went to Palma Nova the end of May/first week in June and thought it was dead. Apart from a couple of bars to visit there wasn't much else to do.

We wandered into Magaluff most nights as it was more lively, but didn't see any of the garbage you see portrayed on TV.

luci :wave
Dead :shock:

Was the beach empty?
I am going thoses dates, thought it would have families there as it's half term.

Or do you mean it's dead for clubbers etc.....

I will be with hub and two kids, 5 & 12.

8)
I was in palma nova a few years back in august kazzza, I wouldn't it was lively pretty boring really. Beach was busy but in the evening not a lot to do unless you go into magaluf. All I saw was a few restaurants and a couple bars and they weren't busy.
Same as Can't. The beach was busy during the day, but I don't know where everyone went at night as the bars and restaurants were far from busy.

luci :wave
Thanks coaun & Luci,

I was getting worried then, thought it was going to be a ghost town in the daytime too.

Evening no a problem as we have 2 kids with us, and can easy go into Magaluf.

Karen 8)
We went to Palma Nova in 2006 and we stayed at the Son Matias beach hotel which is for adults only (17 yrs is ok!) We really loved the place and to be honest we found more restaurants then bars but that was ok, for the younger crowd it really will be Magaluf, we went for a stroll there a couple of times and never came across anything really bad but I have to say we preferred the walk along the prom at palma nova each night listening to the music coming from all the restaurants on the front. We did hear the youngsters returning via the beachfront in the early hours but hey your only young once and like I said nothing drastic seemed to be happening! I am sure you will have a great time whichever end you stay at.

Tony
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.