Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hello Gill,

You can take the train to Soller and return by bus as there are plenty between the times you mention the bus you require is the TIB211 through the tunnel, if you go into the Port by the tram you can catch the bus there, you will find it much cheaper at 2.85€ it take s you to the bus station in Palma which is very close to the Soller train station. Soller and the Port IMO are the best part of Mallorca, it's the real thing Enjoy.

Dave :tup
Thanks Dave - think its definately on the cards, as I was looking for something different for our changeover day in port.

Gill
Well we are back and did the trip just as Dave suggested and it worked very well indeed.

However, there is one interesting thing which surprised us, and that is that we orginally booked the ships excursion to Solller on change over day, which would have cost us £26 each (there were 3 of us). They cancelled it, due to lack of numbers, so we did it DIY - but it didn't save us any money. By the time we had caught a taxi to the station and back to port and bought the train, tram and bus tickets, it added up to approx the same amount as the ships excursion - in fact it cost us more as we had lunch in Soller, which we wouldn't have done if we had gone with the ship.

Anyway, it is definately a trip worth doing - absolutely loved the train journey!

Gill
Thanks for the info Gill. I'm sure that will be useful for any members considering the trip.

luci :wave
By the time we had caught a taxi to the station...

I think the #1 bus goes from the cruise terminal past the main bus station / Soller train station, but it's a hassle to be hanging around waiting for one.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.