Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
The train to Soller runs from the train station just across from the Plaza Espania in Palma....get the bus into the main bus station in Palma, take a left out of the bus station and walk down almost to the end of the street with the park on your left. Just before you reach the wide main road you will see the station on your right. There are two types of train, one is the normal tourist train and the other is the "panorama", which in fact just means that it stops 1/2 way to give you a panoramic view.

http://www.sollernet.com/trendesoller/en1.html

The train is very popular and consequently can be very busy, so unless you are there early to grab a good seat it can be difficult to actually see very much on the trip, which is through some lovely Mallorcan countryside.
At Soller you can get the tram right outside the train station and go down to Puerto Soller, a lovely little resort which is one of the most visited and most photographed spots in Mallorca. Soller itself is a very pleasant old town, the shops close from around 2pm till 4:30 so it can be quiet.
As a day out it is very pleasant and a must-do-once while in Mallorca, although I would not rank it as an unforgetable experience.
I done the train ride last sunday but the other way round! Soller to Palma. It was a very nice little trip with some really great views.
We started of in Port Soller, had a bite to eat and a sit on the front looking over the harbour then, onto the tram which took us to the centre of Soller and the train station.
As Pollensa1946 said, it is a must do once! I must admit it really enjoyed it though!

We were also told that the railways opening in 1912 would have made far more news had it not been for the Titanic that happened to sink on the same day!

As for the caves, well that was another trip that was good, some great pics are in this link...

http://mystrymoon.screaming.net/cavesofdrach.html
Thanks for that great information, I have printed it off and we intend to try both of them. I'm really looking forward to the holiday, our first visit to Majorca.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.