Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Caves of Drach
17 Posts
The caves of drach must be a good hour to a hour and a quater away from plama nova. I went a few of years ago and it was £8 for adults and £4 for children based on a exchange rate 1.4 euro's. I don't know if it has gone up at all since then. Its fine for a 5 year old, nothing scary just plenty of steps. One word of advice be prepared to wait for 2 hours to get in the entrance times get booked up in advance by T/O excursions, if you are going by yourself by car. There is a cafe where you can wait and top up on fluids. I was there in august.
Can you remember if you sit in a boat, on a lake inside the caves, as they play classical music.

Dad remembers, but not sure if it was the Caves of Drach, or some other caves else where.
It dosen't ring a bell for me.

Oh not more queues :roll:

Do you know if there are other places to visit nearby?
And also parking?
We may hire a car and drive there.

Thank you.

Karen
Hi again Karen how are you ?

Can you remember if you sit in a boat, on a lake inside the caves, as they play classical music.

Yes these are the hills, sorry I mean caves with the sound of music :lol:

This link will give you more info

http://www.cuevasdeldrach.com/main_eng.html

Graham

Ps Best wishes to you and your mum for Christmas
Hello Graham :wave

We are all fine thanks, :D and you?

So it doe's have music, I don't remember it, but I was only about 10 years old :?

Thanks for the link, it looks great, I can't wait to go again.
And my daughter will be free :wink:

I am planning another trip to Scotland again, next year. :D
So we can meet up again and have a proper drink :wink:

PS Best wishes to you and your family too. :wink:
For Christmas and the New Year.
  • Edited by KAZZZZA 2007-12-07 09:35:22
Yes thats the one.........with the music

I will give you a laugh. We hired a car and were looking for the Caves of Drach.

Driving along looking at the map we spied a sign saying "Ceuvos" (probably worng spelling)

so husband and I have short argument as he said it couldnt be here according to the map.........I say "WELL ITS GOT A BIG SIGN SAYING CAVES SO IT MUST BE"

Cut a long story short, we drove in............paid for tickets.........looked around the caves (lovely they were) and went into the restaurant

Only to see the place was called "The Caves of Hamm"...............we werent in the right caves!!!

It was a standing joke for years that we had spent an afternoon there thinking we were somewhere else. (so dont do what we did!!) :D
There is another set of caves called Coves d'Arta on the east coast as well and they are mean't to be huge, never been to them but I will go next time I am in majorca.

Here is a link to coves d'Arta information.

http://www.balearnet.com/mallorca/t10covedarta.htm

The caves de drach means Dragon Caves in english
The caves of Drach are worth a visit but you do feel like you are being herded along the route to the main cave where you sit and listen to the music as the boat floats past. When I was last there 6 years ago you weren't allowed to take photos and when you get to the cave exit shop you realise why. I preferred the Caves of Arta further up the coast near Cala Millor where you walk round as part of a guided tour and can take as many photos as you like. They also have a 5 minute light and music show in one of the cave chambers. It's nowhere near as crowded as the Caves of Drach and is in a pretty setting overlooking Canyamel Bay. The tour takes about 30-40 mins.
NO Camera, No Flash, No picture thats all you hear when down there and yeas it is like being herded into a feild only you are going down

it really is beautiful plce to visit but they do hurry you through, as there are bus loads of peopel to try and get in there through the day

the lake was lovely the water crystal clear

its a bit of a tourist trap but it is worth it adn we sneaked in pictures i haev them put up at home
Oooh w London, you naughty person :lol: :lol:
I bet you are not the only one who sneaked a pic :wink:

Do they sell post cards, and pic's there?

Thank you for the link ctoaun

And Robbo I will try the Caves of Arta :D
yep they did sell them there

but i wanted one with me and the kids in ti but we were good we took it as we got into the caves so at the beg of the tour
yeh I don't blame you wLondon, nice to have one with the kids in.

Post card ain't the same.

Where you from in W London, I was born and lived there, until I moved to Sarf London :wink:
I am from West Kensington.
I think I will join in.

I am from Catford SE London.
lol

I live in SE London now.
Thanks guys but can we stay on topic

Biff
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.