Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Have you tried Silver Sands?

We stayed in their superior rooms this year, and we have booked again for next year. The last time I looked on first choice there was still availability. First Choice flights are good, and so was the accomodation.
Thanks will check again tonight.

Regards

Papa
Great.Just looked at FC website and Silver Sands no longer available so my former question stands.
Great.Just looked at FC website and Silver Sands no longer available so my former question stands.
have a look on direct holidays.

normally loads of choice and decent prices.

they all fly with first choice akaik.

h.
The Palmarina is set inland and you would need to get taxis to the beach etc. The Osbourne is much closer between Calangute and Candolim so you would get the best of both resorts.

Paxrax we are going with Direct Holidays and yes there are a lot of good deals on at the moment, but they don't fly with First Choice, our flight is with MyTravel.

Debs
Yes,Mytravel have their own aircraft for this route but unfortunately premium not available for this date.Wonder why First Choice stopped doing HBR?

Regards

Papa
Hi Papa

First choice had a big dispute with Highland Beach Resort last year, some friends of ours booked to stay there last November and when they arrived in Goa where shipped out to the Sun Village with all kinds of excuses that the hotel had been on fire the pools had been drained and health and safety wasn't up to standard, it was all rubbish as our friends soon found out when they went down to the HBR and where told that their room was ready and waiting for them and there was no problem at all, goodness knows what it was all about, I thought it had all been sorted out, obviously not.

Debs
mmmmmmm.Conspiracy abounds
Got a holiday sale brochure from First Choice in the post this morning and the Highland Beach was in it prices were from £599 per person for 14 nights the Palmarina was also featured with prices from £528 for 14 nights that's flying from Manchester or East Midlands. So they must have resolved their dispute with the HBR.

Debs
Thats it Folks.Gotta leave and check FCs website.See you later.
Back again.Just checked FCs website and HBR not on it.They very kindly provide a premium rate phone number to call so I pay them to give me information about a product they are selling so........as I do not phone these numbers on principal I guess its back to the drawing board. :( :( :(
Have a look at this site re premium phone numbers

http://www.saynoto0870.co.uk/

Lynn
Yes I always use that site but companies are becoming ever nore devious in their efforts to rip us off.As I have ranted about this before and do not want a wrist slapping off Fiona for going off topic I will leave it there.I am now investigating the whole visa thing and my plans for Goa are now in Doubt.Looks like a real pain to get a visa now and do not know wether I can be bothered with all the hassle.Sorry drifting off topic again.

Regards

papa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.