Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
go right out of the hotel and right again a great little curry house there just a five mins and super food and great ambiance :wave: :tup
At A guess I would say it is about a 15 minute walk or so into Calangute.

Papa
It got good reviews last year and despite reservations about it's location we were going to give it a try this year had we been booking a package.
We walk everywhere but I get the impression it's not a well lit route back to the hotel from Calangute and the traffic is slightly dodgy !
Last February we stayed in an apartment in Palmarinha which was described as 'an oasis of calm' and 'away from the hubbub' - it wasn't !!! It was noisy and we had to ask the owners of the apartment to come up with something to ease the noise - they swapped the bedroom to living room....further away from the road to Mapusa.

...I get the impression it's not a well lit route back to the hotel from Calangute and the traffic is slightly dodgy !

True - long stretches, and the racket that the pickup coaches make in the early hours - well... :(
we must have been lucky when we stayed there we had a room overlooking the fields so didn't get any noise
I rented a private apartment over looking the fields ,it was quiet apart from the Indians slamming the doors when they came home. It was mainly Indian owned apartments in the part i stayed at.The worse bit was the cockroaches ! I never knew they could fly. I used to come in from the beach open the balcony doors and they would fly in.
There is no bus going into Calangute but you can catch a bus coming back .Its a good 15 min walk and thats the shortest route. Hire a scooter and be independent from the taxi drivers.
we stayed there this jan, we asked for a room overlooking the fields and got one, it is a fair way out of calangute,but well worth staying at,its about 20/30 mins walk into calangute,(this depends on how fast you walk ect), there are taxis just outside and a free bus to the beach, i do recommend that you hire a scooter if you barter and you should get one for 1000 rps a week, this does work out cheaper than getting taxis as they charge 100rps one way, the rooms are very clean cleaned everyday, fresh towels every other day as with the bedding, there is a charge for a safe deposit box,about 400rps a week,you do have to sign a book each time you want to get to it, and have to show your passport if you want to exchange money, we found their exchange rate very good,
just around the corner is a local restaurant caller curries, its nothing flash but very cheap food that beats some of the food in the restaurants in calangute,
on the palmarhina site there is shops and a bar,but be aware that the prices are higher than in town and they charge taxes on drinks and food too,
it has 3 pools one just as you walk into the reception area and 2 around the back,the back pool was better we thought, quiet but near the bar, the room boys are really friendly and helpful,
hope this helps if you need more info let me know... :)
DaveWales...
we found it ok to walk back, only did it the once though and it was fairly well lit, but im sure you will enjoy it, if you e mail them and tell them when your arriving and ask for a room at the back looking onto the fields it will be fab,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.