Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
for a tandem in sunny beach its about 85 leva

they look quite safe, and strap you in secure

they take you up and down the beach and your in the air for about 5 minutes and you have to guide yourself back on to the beach for landing
they go mad if you drop into the water, because it gets all the chute wet

i reccomend you watch for a while before you try

not sure if there were any age restrictions but i did see young children on them
Make sure you are covered by your travel insurance. Paragliding and parachuting were specifically excluded from my policy. Parapenting, parascending, parasailing (I don't know the difference between all these) were also excluded if "over land or without supervision". They do not define what supervision is, so you could guarantee if you had an accident they would wheedle their way out of paying out. Also, does over land count as over and landing on the beach? They also have a an exclusion against "any extreme or hazardous sport or activity not listed above". Again, they do not define what they consider extreme or hazardous, so when we went on the jeep safari we made a point of booking through our Balkan rep so that we were covered by their insurance, if ours didn't cover us.
Good point. I will check policy and hopefully that will give me a legitimate excuse for him not to do it. I am terrified of heights but my son wants to be a pilot. :fly

Cheers LesB and Alison for your replies.
always best to check your insurance policy before you travel

and check it before you do anything where you put it into action
hi all

sharon, Not sure if you meant para-sailing (pulled by speed boat)?, but there is para -gliding in the resort as well (looked kinda scary)..para sailing 80 Levs and if you want someone in your party to video it ? another 10 levs, as LesB mentioned different price, it may depend on whom you go with or if its a beach landing or taking off and returning from the speedboat.

Please be aware of the weather .. be very careful if there have been any storms in the days before you plan to para-sail. I say this after having a bad experience on the 9th August (last day of our holiday), a storm suddenly hit sunny beach as we were out in the middle of the sea to para-sail, an experience i do not wish on anyone. Please ensure that the speed boat has enough life jackets for all persons on board and put them on even when your watching other para-sailors.

If anyone knows or have heard of the people involved in above incident please post a reply as i did not get to find out if they are o.k. (2 young Irish lads and scottish couple (staying in the hotel slavanski).

After all that please enjoy para -sailing as there must be thousands of people doing it daily on sunny beach that do not have bad experiences.. Happy holidays 8)
Geeg,
Yes I did mean para-sailing, husband done this in Turkey a few years ago with my little cousin. However, they both took off and landed straight from beach (from what I can remember). I do think that now I am a LOT older and a just a LITTLE wiser :rofl and the fact that its my own son we will definately do a risk assessment first.

Sharon
hi Sharon

Did look around to see if it was safe. Had kids 13/17/17 with me on board 1 of whom was not my own child but responsible all the same. Little cloud, calm sea, yellow flag.

Storms in sunny beach hit very quickly and without much warning but do not last long...thank goodness, you will understand if you experience it when you go.

after all that happened ...on return from the doctors ..my 13yr old wanted to go jetsking :o

grace
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.