France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi Pink Lady

If you'd like to post a review for the Eiffel Hotel, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
Hi. Am looking to book a break to Paris with my girlfriend 26-29th May 06. Looking for a package that will cover flight from Luton Airport, and includes a hotel/b+b in the central tourist areas, reducing the need for travel whilst in the city. The hotel needs to be as cheap as possible, small rooms are ok as long as it is cheap, tidy and friendly - we don't intend spending that much time there apart from sleeping etc.

Also, how easy/hard is it to transfer from the Paris Airport?

I'm under pressure to deliver on this for the missus, so any help will be most appreciated! :lol:
Off to Paris soon and staying in above hotel. Anyone stayed or know of it? This will be my first time in Paris. Any restaurant recommendations nearby or any other tips in general would be greatly appreciated.
Hi SS

I've requested the hotel be added to the reviews section.
You'll find the hotel's website HERE.

If anyone would like to post a review for the Golden Tulip, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

We're off to Paris "en famille", with both our grown up daughters and their partners. Last time we were there we fell foul of the air traffic control dispute/ fog and ended up stranded at Beauvais. Eventually we sorted out a hire car, rushed of to Charlois in Belgium to catch the one and only flight back to Scotland. So our cheap break ended up costing a small fortune.LOL
Does anyone have an absolute favourite restaurant, as the good wife is celebrating yet another birthday while we are in Paris.
We are staying at Camping International, so will be using the train in and out of the city so something fairly central would be great.
Hello,

In a couple of weeks i am going to Paris with my boyfriend for the first time, we have tickets to see Robbie Williams play at Parc de Princes. Can anyone please give me any tips eg from getting from the airport to the city centre, prices, anything at all would be very helpfull!! :?

thank you :lol:
EDIT: Merged with existing Paris Q&As thread
David HT Mod
Hi,

In a couple of weeks my boyfriend and I are going to Paris for the first time, also going to see Robbie Williams play at the Parc des Princes. If anyone has any tips on the easiest way to get to the stadium, to and from the airport etc that would be very helpful.

thanks very much :o
We are going overnight to Paris in December (4 in a family). Is anyone able to recommend a backpacker/hostel in very central Paris that is clean and warm but cheap. Also are most attractions in zone 1-3. Wewill only have time to see the main attractions. Thanks
Have you considered the Ibis or Etap hotels - cheap and convenient.
hi all we have just returned from a fabulous break in paris def go back we did the dinner cruise and it was fab any questions i will do my best to help :P
Hi Louise - I am considering going to Paris for a long weekend in November (I have to confess I've done no reading on the city, it's the flights that have a attracted me - decent times and only £70 for both of us!) so I'll take you up on your offer please!

What do you think would be the best part of the city to stay in to see all major sites? We'd be there for 3 nights so will want to make the most of it.
Where did you stay?
What are prices for meals and drinks like? I've been told it's expensive and we were after a 'cheapish' city break.
How much do the main attractions costs - Louvre, Effiel Tower etc.

Thanks.
puddleduck,

we go to Paris every year for long weekends. Are you flying to CDG or doig Eurostar? If CDG use the Air France coaches form the airport much cheaper than taxis and really not much more inconvenient. If Eurostar then taxis, metro or even walk.

Really wherever you stay isn't much more than a metro ride away and the metro is so much easier than London underground.

As for meals etc, you can get the tourist menus from about 10 euros for 2 sometimes 3 courses. You don't need to pay through the nose. Monmatre can be quite pricey but even that has some decent low cost places to eat. There are several places in the latin quarter (just across from Notre Dame) where you can eat for cheap whether you want french, greek italian french chinese.

Bill
Hi puddleduck2 i prob dont know nearly as much as other people about paris it was our first time, but i will share with you how we made it a budget break but its prob not everyones cup of tea, booked flight and hotel with easyjet stayed at courcelles etoile hotel fairly cheap clean good enough for the time we spent in it, flights were £70 each incl insurance and hotel £80 a night for the room we stayed 2 nights, once arriving a cdg airport got the train 8 euros each for 2x20 mins journeys so i thought that was cheap, hotel right near the stop. booked dinner cruise for that night our 10th anniversary this is the only thing we splashed out on £65 each but well worth it, 15 walk away from the arc de triomphe did this on the aft of our arrival i think it was 8 euros each to go in and you can go to the top, lovely views, next morning walked to the eiffel tower qued 10 mins paid 11 euros each to go to the very top prices vary depending how far up you want to go 11 euros is the max price spent 3 hours on it, bought dinner in a supermarket bread ham cheese crisps water ate in beautiful grounds of the tower. After lunch went down to the quayside and bought a 2 day ticket for the batobus 13 euros each spent rest of time on and off the stops 8 in all, each day we had breakfast on the champs elysee coffee croisant etc at macdonalds beautiful setting great view of the arc, paid home prices about £1 cafe next door equivalent of £5 each, went to subway at lunchtime again you know how much you will pay and pizza hut at tea time, we still felt we had experienced paris because of the location of the restaurants and each time we ate we ate outside at tower, notredam, champs elysee etc and we were afterall there on a budget, we thoroughly enjoyed it, and its surprising how much the level 2 french comes back to you from when at school au revoir :P :P
ps meant to say most of the attractions louvre etc seem to all be around the 8 euro mark hope this is of some help have a wonderful time Louise :P
We bought a 3 day museum pass which was well worth the money. I think we got it from the Tourist Information Centre. We also got a 3 day pass for the Metro which you can also use on the local busses.

luci :wave
we found the taxi boat pass and nicer way to get around :P the museum pass is great value but we only went in 2 so it was cheaper to pay as we went the rest we appreciated from outside the architecture was amazing and the grounds :P
Bill, Louise, Luci - thanks very much for the info.

Bill - We'd be flying into CDG. I was only fussing about the prices as it'll be our third trip away this year so wanted to keep costs down. To be honest we'd looked at Edinburgh intially but after looking up the cost of train fares it's cheaper to fly to Paris!

Louise - thanks for the info on the attractions.

Luci - as you know I'm a huge fan of the transport passes so we'll definiately get one of them. Do you just pick them up at the metro stations? Also the museum pass sounds good so I'll look into that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.