Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Our Pet insurance would have covered us for that eventuality but not our holiday insurance.

Hope your dog recovered OK

Patka
What does the insurance policy say?

Pets are usually not covered as a reason for cancelling a holiday.

Mark
Holiday insurance policies list the persons that are covered - not only the travellers but also relatives where illness or death will be accepted as a reason to cancel.

Policies can be extended to cover people who fall outside the ones stated. I know because we used to have to get one written into the policy. Pets are not covered on a normal policy, but, as with unlisted relations, you can get them written in.

Patka states that her Pet Insurance would have covered such an eventuality. Do you have pet insurance and have you checked that?

Whilst you state that the customer service skills were not up to standard they were correct in their ruling if illness of pets had not been requested as a reason to cancel..

fwh
They dealt with it saying the dog was'nt covered on our policy and that there would be no refund.

Sorry Gilly, but I've been looking at their cancellation insurance on the internet and your circumstances are not covered.

What is covered is not being able to go because of sickness, redundancy, or jury service. That's all.

Therefore it's not fair to say they didn't honour the cancellation contact because the circumstances it covers never arose.

Whether they could have been nicer about it when dealing with you I don't know as I wasn't there, but the bottom line is that Park Resorts were within their rights not to refund.

Again, sorry, and I sincerely hope your dog is OK now.

Peter
Sorry Gilly but I was wrong its only if it happens within 7 days of departure that we are covered for.

Patka
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.