Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
im so sorry to here that :cry:
we always book with travel agents, just get a price of the web and get them to match it.
it makes you so mad :evil: that companys can do this to people that save hard for there holidays.
hope you get something sorted.
So very very sorry to hear that Faith. It really is a lousy thing to happen and I know that all the regulars on this forum will feel for you. I know that it doesn't make eveything ok again, but hopefully you booked using your credit card and will eventually get some of your money back. Jenny
thx for your replys - have managed to book another holiday leaving on sunday night this time through Thomson. Although its a different resort and the flights aren't that good - but had already booked the time off work and school. Also had to borrow money to pay for it - thank god for parents!

Just wondering what difference it makes if you pay by credit card? I think i paid the deposit of £500 on my debit card and the balance on my credit card.

will i still be entiled to a refund?
You should be fully covered on the credit card side of things. I would contact them and let them know of the situation.

Enjoy you newly booked holiday, hope all ends well.

Robby :wink:
If the CAA have informed you, then the chances are that the company is ATOL bonded, which means you should be able to get a full refund. They should be sending you through some paperwork in order to get a refund. Travel agents tend to only use ATOL bonded tour operators for financial protection.
As others have said Dedicated is ATOL bonded and you will get a full refund.

Enjoy your new holiday.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.