Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi
Sorry for the Restuarant delay , where did those months go?
In relation to the parking , there were cars parked in the side street next to the complex but as we did not hire a car i could not advise if there were charges or restrictions.
The buses and trains do run everywhere though right along coast

Food

Great snacks and coctails during the day in Da Fano at the side of Benalmadena Marina..half decent view..toasties Paninis and Crepes for 1.5 - 3 euros without being in a brit bar (if you walk along prom towards Marina , round the burger king it is in the street you have to cross to get to Marina near where the boat trips go from.)

Some Montemar/La Carihuela area reccomendations:

Good English breakfast The Vine behind Buenosol Apartments

Best English food Bar El mohito or Winstons both are on the pedestrianised street parallel to sea front at La Carihuela , El Mohito is at the begining on left and Winstons further down on right(we had not so good food at the scottish bar The Curnard)

My favourite place to eat was Restuarant La Tahona ...loved it ..great service , good food , great location if you like to eat amongst hustle and bustle...and very good prices.Free Bread , Not massive choice but we loved it here.As you walk along the pedestrianised area again La Tahona are on a crossroads (not roads though just a cross roads of pedestrianised streets) There is a cake/Bread shop on on corner , ice cream place on other and the restuarant on the other corner , they own all of them , you usually see all the waiters in burgundy t shirts running from on eto another.

Very very nice food at Casa Juan Los Mellizos if you want a more expensive treat but it is expensive.

Had a good English style Sandwhich at The Cosy Nook on promenade also there was a Welsh bar next door that was always busy and food looked good.These we used in the day when walking back from Torremolinos as they are quite a walk down from the complex

Have a great time
Forgot to say La Tahona is not Brit food its great if you want Paella or a Bolognase or lovely Kebabs on Skewars or pizza , though they also do great steaks and chicken
Thanks Jojo. I agree time flies.
Very kind of you to let me know which bars/restaurants you rated.
Did you go to any of the parks in the area ,Paloma or Battery,if so
any feelings?
Have you booked anything this year?
Des.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.