General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I haven't applied recently but its their busiest time. If you are worried try ringing their adviceline on 0300 222 0000 and tell them your travel date. If its getting very close they should let you have an upgrade, but its more expensive. I think you can email them, but sorry I don't know email address.
My friend has been waiting four weeks for hers so far, now in the process of posting mine of to be renewed.
I applied online on 8th April and sent in the declaration next day, online tracker currently says "declaration received, in progress" which is what it's said for a week now.... I spoke to someone who works there a couple of weeks ago who said they're so busy at the moment that only really exceptional cases can be dealt with out of turn.

And all the email contact details seem to have disappeared since their website moved onto http://www.gov.uk so phoning the call centre might be the only option :-(
Oh wow i really didnt expect this to be a busy time but i guess summer holidays are coming around soon. I cant believe i didnt realise earlier in the year im so angry with myself i should of set myself a reminder.

I rang last night and told them my travel dates and they agreed that with the bank holidays i was cutting it fine and to leave it to next week before they will upgrade my case. I can see me having to have a same day appointment at durham and pay the extra as i really cant afford to loose so much money on a holiday.
My son renewed his and it took 5 weeks, it arrived just in time for his holiday at the start of April.
Gosh im very worried now then. I think i will have to ring tonight and ask for a same day appointment. Its annoying as it hadnt actually run out but they require 6months validity for you to fly.
Well thats one bonus when i eventually get it, still worried im going to miss my holiday though :( still annoyed with myself for not remembering sooner
I sent my form of in mid March. It took around 3 weeks to come back.
Been told i will have mine tommorow after they called me this morning at 8.20 (after i contacted my local MP for help) paid the extra and should have it special delivery.

Apparently they are inundated with applications at the moment and its taking far longer.
at least you can relax and begin to look forward to your holiday now :)
This reminds me that I should set about renewing my passport next month. I'm hoping to go back to Cuba in September/October but it expires in March and you need a minimum of 6 months validity left on your passport from your date of entry into Cuba. So I'll be cutting it a bit fine and it could limit my choice of dates if I don't renew it fairly soon. If I send it off next month so that I allow plenty of time for them to deal with it at the busiest time of year, I'll lose a month or possibly even two because they'll only add a maximum of 9 months to the new one but worth it for the peace of mind of knowing that it is all sorted in plenty of time. :tup

SM
Mine arrived yesterday :) Got a text the day before to say it was being printed so was quite surprised! Just under 3 weeks from filling in the online form (and paying) to getting in my hand - quite impressive given I know how busy they are!!!
has anyone had their passports from durham and if so as it been quicker than the others ..for renewed passports.
Spoke to a friend yesterday who works at the Durham office, she says there is a backlog of work waiting to be processed. Apparently they're working weekends and later on an evening to try and catch up.
to sheeshon thank for your reply ...wont hold my breath then. :tup
SMa wrote:
This reminds me that I should set about renewing my passport next month. I'm hoping to go back to Cuba in September/October but it expires in March and you need a minimum of 6 months validity left on your passport from your date of entry into Cuba. So I'll be cutting it a bit fine and it could limit my choice of dates if I don't renew it fairly soon. If I send it off next month so that I allow plenty of time for them to deal with it at the busiest time of year, I'll lose a month or possibly even two because they'll only add a maximum of 9 months to the new one but worth it for the peace of mind of knowing that it is all sorted in plenty of time. :tup

SM

:duh How could I forget! I'm off on a fjords cruise at the beginning of July so need to decide pretty quick whether it would be best to renew the passport ASAP before I go to Norway or take the chance and leave it until after I get back from that. I'm assuming that it will be even busier if I try to do it in July/August rather then doing it now.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.