General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Andrew ... you should find this covered in the most recent posts in our Passport Q&As topic.

David :wave
Yeah, I did read it yesterday also.

Had no idea that could happen.

Spoke to Staff at Passport Office this morning. Was told its not the Airline but the Country to which you are travelling could stop you flyingdepending on the expiry date on Passport.

Was told some countries wont let you enter if under a year left to expiry.

I wont make that mistake again.

Just as well I read the Posts as was unaware of E111 Form being replaced by EHIC. Just received mine last week.
Many countries do have minimum passport validity requirements Andrew, but as far as Spain (incl Canaries & Balearics) is concerned, passports require to be valid only for the duration of the holiday. However, individual airlines and tour operators may have different regulations, and could insist that all travellers have at least 6 months validity remaining on their passports, irrespective of which country they are visiting. This is where confusion and problems occur, when some areas of the travel industry apply regulations which differ completely from the actual immigration requirements of the country concerned.

However, as you now have your new passport, you have no need to worry for another 10 years - or 9 years and 6 months as the case may be !!

As we have separate Passport Advice and EHIC topics, I will close this one now to prevent further duplication.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.