Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
sim card expiry
8 Posts
Makes sense really. Mobiles can be used to trigger terrorist bombs so SIM cards without an owner could be dangerous.

Very sad that we have to think that way but remember Mumbai?
That fine by me as I hope to get at least two trips out of our visas

Any news on the best sim for calls and data?
yes Steveandjayne the vodaphone package that has just come out, cost 450 that includes sim card, 1 GB of data and 350 calltime plus cheap UK calls ;) its just for the season and set up for foreigners
The sim cards only have a validity of 3 months from purchase,and do not last to the end of your visa....
well thats what i was told yesterday by the shopkeeper who sells them when i bought my daughter one :que of course the rules are constantly changing re sims and i have to say i have never known anyone lose one after 3 mths? many 6 monthers have them all season... i had my last one 10 yrs and only lost it after being in the UK for more than a couple of mths and not keeping it active... i dont have a visa... still guess we will soon see in time ... :think i do know that you are now going to have to jump through hoops to keep them active whoever you are, Goan or a foreigner if you leave India and dont use them very regularly even if they are valid
latest from providers ,sim runs out with visa.............2/10/12
Airtel has also just bought a new package out for Data, calls, texts, phone internet ect called
Airtel International travellers;355 rps and had mine 2 weeks now and seems very good. :tup Will be sure to loose number when we leave middle march although validity says 2030.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.