Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
PASSPORT HELP
141 Posts
i can confirm ive been to turkey on 2 seperate occasions with only 4 mths left on my kids passports and all has been fine, we are going in oct and will have 5 mths left
Your MIL would also need to check the requirements of the airline she is travelling with as they may require 6 months left on the passport despite what the Turkish Consulate requires.

luci :wave
Play it safe and get it renewed now. If you have 'proof' of when it needs to be back in your possession by (for example the holiday booking confirmation) send a photocopy with your application so they know it is needed for a specific date, and then action it accordingly.
Hi,
It is true you do need six months left on your passport from the date you return to the UK. I go to turkey in september to and had to get mine renewed.

mel x
I'm sure this question has already been asked but I'll ask it again anyway.

What passport validity is required to enter Turkey? I have been told 3 months and 6 months but don't know which is correct.
The Turkey tourist board have said you ned a minimum 3 months validity on your passport to LEAVE Turkey, its the normal 6 months to leave England.

hope this helps.
Could anyone tellme how much time you need left on your passport to come back from Turkey ?
I am going over for 6 months and taking my neice with me we are coming back in October and her passport runs out in February.
Will that still be enough time left on her passport ?
Many thanks in advance
we travelled from newcastle to dalaman in may both our sons had 4months left on there passports and we had no problem.The girl on the check in desk just said they would need a new one before september and no one mentioned it at dalaman sue
Thanks Sue, all i can say is they are obviously not sticking to their own rules. I can only quote what information was passed to me.
The Turkey tourist board have said you need a minimum 3 months validity on your passport to LEAVE Turkey, its the normal 6 months to leave England.

hope this helps.
Thank you Micko.
My neice still has a childs passport which runns out in February as i said but she will be 18 this August would she still be able to use her passport until it runs out or would she have to get a new 1?
Not a 100% on that, but i would be surprised if they allowed an adult (as she will be) to travel on a childs passport, and for the sake of a few months i dont think i would risk it.
You could send email to

info@gototurkey.co.uk

and ask them the question, very helpful people.

Regards.
Thanks Micko i have now emailed them and awaiting a reply.
I called the british passport people who seemed to think that it would be ok for her to use this as it doesnt run out until 2009.So heres hoping with fingers crossed.
You can definitely use a child's passport until it expires. We did with our son's. You do not need 6 months' validity to leave the country! The 6 months validity is what all travel agents say about any destination to avoid them the bother of checking each one individually! It varies. In theory any EU country should allow you in as long as it is valid, no minimum period, since we are supposed to have freedom of movement within the EU. And yes, I know Turkey isn't in the EU......
Hi mehmeh so we can use the passport even though they gonna be 18 and 17 but they got childs passports?Its very confusing.....lol
Hi Blue i had a look but still couldnt get a defenate answer.the British passport agency said that it was ok but i had to check with the Turkish embassy i tried to call them but they where not very helpfull.I have now emailed go to Turkey in the hope that they can help me. :lol:
Topics on expiry merged to existing topics Briar
Angie - if the passport was only good while they are a 'child', the validity would expire on the 18th birthday! Since the validity is beyond that, then that is when it is valid to. The only thing you ever have to worry about is the expiry date in the passport. That is all that counts. After all from the Turkish point of view the child passport doesn't look different does it? All that is different about a child passport is that it is only valid for 5 years not 10, so that they can have a more up-to-date photo, because children change so much.
Hi Angie, look forward to seeing whet GOTOTURKEY say about it.

Its not that i doubt you MEHMEH, but my sister was told she would have to update my kids passports when they reached 18 !!!
You only get 5 or 10 year as they do not offer shorter term ones, which i guess is purely for administration purposes.

Hope it goes weel for you Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.