Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Patnem Beach
15 Posts
hi lassigirl

patnem is a quiet resort...one very small beach road, a handful of shacks on the beach (probably under 10) - like palolem, in terms of people we encountered, there is a mix of age groups, but predominantly younger (under 40) and more of a traveller/long stay type rather than fortnight tripper.

you may still find yourself needing a rickshaw to get into palolem (50 rupes) where there's more choice in the evening - depends what break you're after.

we did find palolem thinned out a little in the evening, think there could be a constant stream of daytrippers.

hope this helps

misterc.
Thanks misterc !

I did think it would be mainly younger people down there, and it's quite some time since i saw 40 :(
But it sounds like the sort of place I would like , so might give it a go for a few days, to discover the area.
Patnam is a very beautiful stretch of beach, considerably smaller and quieter then its neighbor Palolem. Its has some great little restaurants and gift shops and a internet cafe. It also has a good mix of people. One can get to the other hidden beach from Patnam's beach by walking and you will most likely be the only souls on it. It really is a lovely beach and by far the best in my book
I would highly recommend Patnam beach, It sits in the middle of Palolem and Varca beach so is in a great location. 60rupees to Palolem by tuktuk and you can walk along the beach to Varca Beach where you will most likely be the only people on it. You mainly see older people in the evenings at the many restaurants. It really is a great little beach with very worm hospitality and cheap to.

EDIT, opps I thoght my other post got deleted. Oh, A few beaches away South of Patnem lays the quiet Turtle Beach which is a must see as I was told its like Palolem in the 60s. Very beautiful beach.
Also have a look at Agonda before it turns into a mini Palolem. Funnily enough I was watching some old video footage last night from 95 of Palolem and it really was Paradise beach just one shack on the beach. As the sunset we were sat in a shack just off the beach, a guy was reading, swaying in a hammock and the villager's had just pulled in a fishing net from the shore and were busy collecting the catch in basket's a truly wonderful scene....
JD Soul!
Thanks for your reply, but I think you have got the location of Patnem wrong, it is a long way from Varca, and I am sure it's not possible to walk there from Varca.
The other beaches you describe sound perfect for me.
Oh!! I thought that beach was called Varca? The one with the InterContinental Hotel at the back. You have Agonda then Palolem then Patnam and the other beach I got the name wrong, from Patnam beach main entrance look to your left and you will see a a huge rock face with plants and what not, it feels the beach is enclosed but theirs a little gap right at the sea edge leading to the other beach with a little river you have to cross. That beach is almost always empty.

I was stopping in between Palolem and Patnam on the road in walking distance to them both and found myself on Patnam most of the time as I found it more relaxing.

Agonda is also a very nice beach about 4 miles away from Palolem, tuktuk 140rupees but quite and more like a village to it, I found you have a lot on long tern people there.

Hope thos helps.
think the beach you're talking about behind the Inter Continental Hotel is Rajbag Beach.

misterc.
we stayed in agonda last season for approx 6 weeks and would definately reccomend it , the beach is beautiful , Dersy,s guest house is very clean and comfortable front rooms upstairs have a sea view they also have shacks on the beach , Madhus beach shack is the best place to eat and they also have rooms and beach huts also Tigers restaurant serves excellent food , we are aged 49 & 51and there were lots of other people our age :D
My husband and I are going to Goa for November, for our honeymoon. It will be our first visit and we have booked most of the places we intend to stay but we would like to start with a week in a beach hut on Patnem beach. Does anyone have any recommendations and/or contact details? Also can you give an indication of how much we should pay to get there from the airport?

thanks. :)
hi raving pixie and welcome to the forum :D . I've "upped" the beach hut Q&A thread as there may be something there for you
has anyone been to patnem beach if so is it similar to agonda or palolim i imagine its quieter but not sure , are there any shacks or huts to stay in and is it easy to get to thanks :D
Hi John Woody
We plan to go to Patnem beach when we go in November as we were talking to people in March who often go, and they prefer it to the other beaches there as they are much quieter and they stay overnight , but not sure where but they love it. So we will definately give it a try
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.