Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi
We got back from Pefkos last week

We had a great time & the weathering is 35 degree plus most of the time..
BUT:
Local Beer Mythos is 2euro a pint in happy hours until 9pm, then it can go upto 3 euro a pint.
Long drinks (i.e. vodka & coke) cost about 3-4euro. Most bars have an offer on cocktails, they range from 3.50euro - 5euro depending where you go.

Pefkos by night is quite cheap for food - but it's pretty much the same cost as back home now.. :(

The glass bottom boat is now 18 euro for 2hours (including 2 drinks) - Although this was worth the experience if you haven't done it before..

Taxi to Lindos is now 7euro

We spent £1800 for 2 adults & a teenager (basically 3 adults now) for 2 weeks...
It's not cheap but it's such a nice resort, you'll have a great time :tup
Nik
Looks like Pefkos is expensive compared to Faliraki. At our favourite tavernas a four course meal costs eight & half euros. At one, as my main course I chose the mixed grill.There was so much of it I could not finish. If you spent £1800 in 2 weeks all I can think is you must have had a hell of a lot to eat & DRINK
me and my husband went to Pefkos in June for a week and spent £1000 between us!! It was all food and drink. The only 'excursion' we did was the acropolis in Lindos and we got a taxi there ourselves. On the last day we only had 2 euro's left for the airport!!
I am in shock. £1000 would pay for 4 weeks holiday.
We returned yesterday from 2 weeks in Rhodes Town and had a great time
we were half board booked trips on the boats , had lots to eat and drink
and were really surprised how reasonabe things were , i thnk it was a case of it being as cheap or as dear as you made it , we actually didn't spend all ours . Average price for beers were 2.20 for amstel and 2.80 for mythos, 3.90 for cocktails , strongbow , 4.00 for magners
we went in july and spent a little bit more than nik22 but their was five of us and we didnt over indulge,but it is a lovely place.
Yep

We did go out everynight and had quite a few cocktails etc :cheers

Also we did hire a car for 3 days (200euro) and visit the waterpark (20euros each)

So you can do it for cheaper if you want to..

But.. it is the big holiday so it's nice to live life to the full for 2 weeks!

Nik
By way of follow up to my post from August 13th, we have just booked a week in Faliraki from 18th October. Cost £222 per person.
Have to say we found Pefkos was more expensive than Corfu last year but have heard from various friends who have been to other parts of europe that they are now spending the same on a meal out as they do in England!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.