UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi Marshy,
The beach is a very long one (7 miles)that has been used for land speed records
This web site has a cople of pics
http://www.geocities.com/colinswalesuk/Pendine.html
As far as I know the MOD don't use this part but a bit further round.
Depends what you want but Tenby gets very busy in the peak weeks, so it might be better to be just outside the town.
It is a very nice place and I love Tenby.
http://www.virtualtenby.co.uk/
Lots of beaches to choose from.
Oakwood is near and Folly farm (if you've got little one??)
Saundersfoot is also nice, not too big, great beach and excellent crab fishing.

Another nice place is just past Swansea.
Beaches just out of the city and then the Mumbles ( the mumbles mile is very popular -lots of pubs) There are so many coves and beaches and all are perfect and well looked after. Even better when the sun comes out which it is now! :D
cheers nicola!
your reply was very useful and informative!
think we will book here in the near future unless someone tells me anything negative about the site itself!
much appreciated! :bow
hi sorry dont know the campsite but that coastline is fantastic with some of the best beaches in uk...temby is lovely but gets packed in season..but drive a few miles away and u will have beaches to yourself...and great surfing..and visit st. davids a beautifull place
thanx neilabray!am totally convinced now!! :D
you got me thinking as many years ago lived in the area for a couple of years

Temby very touristy but really pretty with a nice beach and harbourand good shops i seem to remember..Saundersfoot i didnt like...was a bit blackpool ish.

Milford Haven..one street town..where i happened to live..not very pretty..but has the largest natural harbour in uk and maybe in world i think...worth a look just for that. There is also a theatre and arts centre here.

Haverford west near Milford is a pretty market town with good antique shops etc.

There are beautiful beaches at Sandy Haven,Broad Haven and St brides, but my favorites are Dale and Marloes.

St Davids which i think is classed as a city although tiny is really pretty with old cathedral but is packed in the summer.

I love this part of Wales and unlike the north the people are really friendly and hospitable
thanx again neilabray!!
i'm glad u mentioned about people being more friendly in the south of wales as i haven't been to wales since i was 10 after a bad holiday in the north[27yrs ago]
will check out the places u mentioned! :lol:
Rhosili Beach on the Gower Peninsula, South Wales must be one of the best beaches in the UK, its a huge sandy beach and is never crowded. There are lots of caravan sites in the area and Swansea isn't far away.
drove through Pendine last sunday :roll:

I honestly wouldn't fancy spending a holiday there. Far nicer places along the Welsh coastline, whether you look at Pembrokeshire or the Gower.

I know Teny gets crowded but even though i only live an hour away i still think its one of my favourite places :D

There's a holiday letting company based in Tenby called Frank B Mason, they have flats, cottages and houses available throughout Pembrokeshire. It may be worth getting in touch with them as their properties are usually of a good standard, and various price ranges.
website = http://www.frankmason.co.uk

And of course we are friendly :ghug
I agree with you Del, pendine isn't really a great place to stay, tenby much better, but you can't beat the gower coast, some stunning beaches, not far from Swansea or cardiff, or not far from Tenby.
I love Tenby, and not far from us, we go there on hols cos it is so lovely.
south Wales is a very friendly place come and see for yourself :D
Hi del and welshoney!!
really appreciate your comments.haven't booked yet!
could either of u be more specific about pendine??
is it really grotty/tacky/noisy?
do either of you know anything about the haven sites at tenby-kiln park/lydstep?any extra comments really ,really appreciated! :thanks
Saundersfoot is not like Blackpool at all, Tenby does get very busy and traffic restrictions in summer are a pain but it is still very nice-wherever you go you need the weather really.
Pendine - whilst ok, there isn't really much there in the way of pubs, restaurants or anything else for that matter.
We have a caravan in Saundersfoot on a quiet, private, small site.
Kiln park is very big and busy but also very popular, it's not for me but others like it so....each to their own really.
Saunderfoot is great!
Big car park
Toilets
£1 shops
pubs
Spar and other shops
Harbour
Cockles and mussels bar.

There are only 1 or 2 cheap shops and a rock shop.
icecream and buckets and spades shops.
Slip way onto the beach
cash machines
fantastic harbour, buy some cockles and a line and spend hours on the wall!
marshy, there is nothing there, just a campsite and a couple of pubs and a beach.

Kiln park is very big and gets very busy in peak season, Lydstep is a much smaller campsite a bit further out than kiln park, but everything is with in driving distance.
The good thing about kiln park you are central, you can walk to tenby vis the beach or the golf course, there is lots to do if it is raining.
The bad things are can get very busy, and the clubhouse gets very full.
The good thing about Lydstep. it is smaller with good facilities, can get a bit crowded in peak season, but like all campsites.
You are right on a beautiful beach.
There is only an outside pool, however there is a leisure centre in Tenby.

http://www.havenholidays.com/main.aspx

I've been to kiln park loads of times and Lydstep as well, so any questions don't hestitate to ask :D
thanx so very much to everyone viewing and adding comments!
we haven't booked yet and i am finding this so very useful!!
please keep the comments coming!!
you're great!! :bow
I know I find this site invaluable for holiday advice, and making new friends on the general chat as well.
Don't forget any questions just ask
thanx welshoney!!
you have restored my faith in welsh people[bless]
just noticed we r almost the same age!!??
if u ever visiting yorkshire i'm an expert!!!
have written to pembrokeshire tourist info office.
willbe booking when new visa bill comes in!
so u all got approx. 7 days to convince me of best option!! :wink:
Do you want a campsite and taking your own tent, caravan or are you looking for mobile home or appartment.?
This is the link for Tenby's campsites
http://www.virtualtenby.co.uk/camping_in_tenby.asp
from virtual Tenby, the ones on North cliff are actually overlooking North beach ( well nearly)
The ones in New Hedges are on the road into Tenby, so traffic won't be a problem if you want to go somewhere else and I think about 10-15 min from the nearest beach.
I think this is the place my friend hires and it too over looks the north beach harbour area but your right in the heart of Tenby, traffic may be a problem in August.
http://www.toph-tenby.co.uk/

Some nice appartments on here http://www.coastalcottages.co.uk/view_cottages_by_location.asp?location=TENBY
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.