UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Not been to either of the sites, so don't have any personal experience, but have found some reviews here,
http://www.information-britain.co.uk/reviews.php?place=42733 for dawlish sands holiday park, and golden sands here
http://www.information-britain.co.uk/reviews.php?place=20426

Hope these are the right holiday parks.
We stayed at Park Holiday Golden Sands Holiday Park in Dawlish in August.
We booked a gold standard caravan, however it was no standard at all. It was filthy dirty with over
25 different cleaning problems. It had not been cleaned at all. Excrement on light switches, floors never hoovered, other peoples rubbish and babies dummies on the floor.The windows were dirty like a corporation bus,the shower was grim,kitchen cupboard doors thick with grime and oil. TV did not work, I could go on and on.We arrived and spent two hours cleaning before we could unpack. The Management were too busy answering other peoples complaints to attend to us. Cost £800 for week.
Save your money and go to a hotel. They have major cleaning issues at this site and the Company do not give a damm. They just want your money.
To bring this post up to date, we stayed on Golden Sands from 30th June to 7th July having booked a Sun £9.50 break and extended it from four days to a week. We were in a two bed Bronze Chalet which had recently been refurbished and was clean and tidy and was perfect for our stay. The only thing that spoilt the holiday for me was the fact that people are allowed to take their dogs with them and they were every where. From the kitchen window I witnessed two people allowing their dogs to foul and didn't pick it up, there is a £25 Fine if caught. Out and about the staff were warm, friendly and helpful. We didn't use the Clubhouse nor the Swimming Pool but according to the programme supplied there is Bingo most nights along with other entertainment.

Access to the camp site being from the A379 which is Dawlish. You can walk to Sainsburys which is fifteen minutes away. If you have a car there is a big Morrisons in Teignmouth. If you walk through the camp you are in Dawlish Warren whereby you can take a train to Exeter or further into Devon and Cornwall. There is a bakery in Dawlish Warren whereby you can sit and have a drink and something to eat and next to this place is a sizeable supermarket called Geralds for essentials. A bit further a long at the bend you can turn left and walk under the railway bridge and you're on the sea front and the nature reserve. We didn't have the need to use our car during our stay as you are spoilt for choice with the different walks or you can take the train or a bus to where ever you want to go.

Les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.