Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi, Have a look on Hotel reviews on this site, very mixed reports. Cheers. Tonyt
There isnt any reports on this holtel on this site. Just the spar thing.It is not the same hotel.
I've looked at the Balkan Holiday site, and there are two distinctly different hotels under the Helios name. The Helios Spa Complex or Resort has 4 & 5* hotels. The Helios Spa is in a different location, quite a way from the beach and up a steep hill and is described HERE and HERE.

We do not have a review for it, but I'm sure you will find some mention if you google the name.

Peter
Peter, looking at the picture in Balkans Brochure, you have the old hotel that was renovated as Helios Spa 3* in the centre Helios Spa 5* next door is the Helios Spa4*, they are all grouped up on the road 150 yards from Water Park. Very confusing to say the least. Tonyt.
Tony,

Hotel names in Bulgaria are confusing, there's no consistency between the brochures of different companies, and it goes downhill from there on. On the internet I have just found the Helios Spa called the Helios Palace!

Peter
Thanks folks. I think the hotel was formaly known as the Crown Plaza hotel . That seems to be the nearest on the map. :cheers
We stayed in the Helios back in 2005 after our original hotel choice with Balkan was still being built when we arrived...!!! We were ALL iNCLUSIVE but not everything was included as the Entertainment Club costs to get in. That said the quality supplied was pretty good on the the themed nights and worth the 5levs. The bar staff were all friendly enough, as were the many waiting staff, but being paid peanuts tips were eagerly sought. Being All Inclusive we were avoided as often as not on the assumption we would not fork out for table service. The hotel it'self was very clean and tidy and full of staff only to eager to please although tips were expected and gratefully received. Good pools and the 4star part was basic stuff with great views from a decent 5th floor balcony...heard a few grumbles from the 3stars who had side views of the carpark. A short stroll down the hill and into the main shopping/bars/ restaurant areas and a great, but expensive, beach. Tip on getting to road below...use the steps from the side of the larger pool...and then for going back up, use the lift in the lobby to the from the Crown Hotel. Watch out for hookers during the evening outside the PLISKA.

Helois was not originally an All Inc hotel and we were only the second seasons visitors so they were all learning of what was expected of them so by now many of the obvious problems would've been sorted. Golden Sands was pretty cheap back then and we returned (b and b) in 06 to the Bonita on the seafront.....check out beachbulgaria.com for a more up to date account.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.