Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
We think you should be OK at the Helios Spa. If you look at the reviews of this hotel, bear in mind that the first three were aggrieved that it was not the hotel they originally booked. The other reviews are OK.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/holiday_truths/hotel_reviews/818/Helios%20Spa%20And%20Resort%20Hotel/

If you look at the thread below re the Paradise Green Park, you might conclude you've had a lucky escape!!

When we were in Golden Sands last September, we met people who were staying there and are going back this year.

Peter
Hello Mic

I too have been changed to Helios for July 2005 I have read mixed reviews, I think it depends what board basis you are staying on. Strangely enough it sounds like All inclusive gets a bad deal - which is what I'm going. :(

Here's a website to some reviews:

http://www.albena.com/hotels/detail.asp?hid=334&rid=7

As I go before you - I will try to update when I come back (if I'm still alive :? )

Either way hope you have a good time!!

L :D
Hi all

We are booked into Helios Spa in July and I was worried by some of the bad reviews I had been reading, so I emailed Balkan Holidays asking them to look into it here's their reply...............

Hi
Thank you for your e-mail, last year the Helios Spa was not an all inclusive property however it did provide All Inclusive for some guests that were moved from a hotel nearby. This year however it has been set up to be an All Inclusive property with all the correct procedures and meals and drinks that you would expect from an All Inclusive property. We are confident that they have improved the service to all guests that stay at the Helios Spa.

As you can appreciate the comments you may have read or heard about this property are of personal opinion and we would advise that we feel the Helios Spa to be up to the standard we have given it, we do believe they may have had some teething problems initially when they accommodated the extra guests on an All Inclusive basis last year when they were not quite ready for them, however we have been assured they are striving to make improvements for the coming summer season.

We do not feel there is any need for you to be concerned, however if you do have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

If anyone knows any different................... :D
We are going to Golden Sands on the 21 July this year. We are staying 4* B/B at the Helios Spa and Resort, we would like to hear from anyone who has been there. Also are the trainers worth buying :?: [/b]
hi John
I got back on tuesday morning from the helios spa and resort, it is a fantastic hotel the staff cant do enough for you very friendly and hard working. there is not much entertainment on for children or adults but what they do have on in the nightclub downstairs you have to pay for which is only a few levs.
Tracy
:? Wondering if anyone out there can help me.
Been to Golden Sands with boyf this year and loved it and have booked up to go back with his kids next year in may.
We have booked up to go to Helios Spa and Resort on 3* All Inclusive basis. I would really appreciate some reviews from people who have been there this year. (Read an email where balkan holidays have stated this is the first year that it is officially all inclusive)
I have literally just booked (then found this site). If the reviews are bad I will change where or basis of booking.
Oh yeah just remembered. At this hotel, are all drinks between 10am and 11pm free?? Or is it just with meals??? The brochure is quite confusing!
Welcome to HT- you will find this site becomes addictive! We have reviews of your hotel. Click here
Food seems to have improved in 2005 I notice. The reviews for 2004 on food appear to be dreadful! All in all the 2005 reviews seem to be very positive.
stayed in helios spa this year although it is posted as a 3*+ it is of a very high quality we would have said more like 4*+. it was brilliant for families and couples you can do as little or as much as you want. Most of the staff were very helpful and you were allowed to get as many drinks as you want so near eleven if you want to stay out you just get a few drinks before all inclusive stops at eleven. the food was a little repetitive but you would find this anywhere all inclusive. there was another part of the hotel that looked quite old but this was mostly greek and german people. i f you are staying in the new bit it is lovely highly recommens it :P :P :P :P :D :D :D
I have decided to book a holiday for next June staying at Helios Spa & Resort but can't decide whether to stay in the 3* or the 4* part. Does anyone know how significant the difference is? Is it seperate blocks for the different ratings, or are all the 3* rooms tucked in the back of the main block (I have noticed that you cannot request a sea view in the 3* rooms)?
welcome to HT!
I can't help with your specific query but we do have reviews on the hotel here.
can anybody tell me if this hotel is completely non smoking or do they just offer non smoking rooms
Hi Jonah
I stayed at this hotel in June , it said in the brouchure that it was a non smoking hotel, but it was not as for the the rooms im not sure if you have to request one.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.