Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
We have several reviews here
Looks like a good choice!
These are also known as the Yavor Apartments, and were newly opened last year. They are associated with the Yavor Hotel, see -

here, and here

At this stage I'm intrigued, because I don't know where the 'Golden' bit of 'Golden Yavor Apartments' originates. It's not the name on their website, or in the Balkan Holiday brochure, and nor can I find any mention of Golden Yavor Apartments, Golden Sands, on the internet.

However, they are definitely both in the same place, and we were near there only last September.

Peter the confused of York!!
cheers for the replys .

Peter I noticed from the reviews on this site people are calling the apts (Golden) :)

But the broucher says Yavor Apts
Post deleted - mistook the Yavor in Sunny Beach for the one in GS!
Hello,

Well, having been to Bulgaria for 2 weeks for each of the last three summers and we thought we wouldn't go back again .. our reasons being given in an earlier post. But .....

... we are thinking about going self catering (SC) and would like to fly WizzAir to Varna, stay in Golden Sands .... and book the accommodation ourselves. We would prefer SC accommodation in the quieter end of Golden Sands. Can't say we recall really seeing any SC around there but hopefully some of you peeps may know of something.

Over to you,

Phil C
Wizz Air are only flying to Bourgas. B.A. Balkan First Choice are some of the Airlines doing flight only to Varna. Tonyt
To follow on from above posting. Log on to Balkan Holiday site put in Golden Sands and self catering and five possibilities come up, although these include flight as well. Tonyt
Hi Phil C,

As Tony has said WizzAir currently only fly into Sofia or Bourgas. Bulgaria Air do scheduled flights to Varna, as do BA - Sky Europe fly Stansted - Varna but via Budapest. Tour operator/charter flights look like your best bet otherwise.

The five options shown on the Balkan Holidays site appear to be in two site locations - Iglika Apartments & Paradise Green Park Apartments.

Baldur
Hello Tony T,

Thanks for that. As I understand it WizzAir will be starting flights to Varna around the middle of this year.

Just had a look at the Balkans Holidays SC accommodation and it is more than we were thinking of paying ... though as you say it does include flights. We were probably thinking of a budget along the lines of £100 each including taxes for return flight and sc accommodation at £30-£35 a night (all in) which is what we were paying in Croatia last year during July. About £650 all in for flights and accommodation ... it's almost that much for one of us with Balkan SC. Croatia does have a lot more SC and far less hotels so I guess we might not find something for the price in Bulgaria.

We are going to Croatia again this year under our own steam with a few days in Croatia and then about 10 days in Montenegro ... was just hoping we might fit a budget sc holiday in Bulgaria in as well but perhaps not.

See ya,

Phil C
This may help, but it was back in October, when we booked flights with BA (Gatwick to Varna) - 4 of us travelling for £590.00. Havn't been on the BA website recently so dont know if they are available at this rate. This was for flight only in August. Good luck. Yvette
Hi Phil

Following Baldurs post-Paradise Green Park apartments are up at the top of the hill near the main Varna-Albena road and the Iglika apartments are near to the Admiral Hotel on the site of the former Iglika hotel. I know of none up by the marina which is where I think you were looking for.

Patka
Hi Patka,

Thanks for that. Yup .. up the Marina end is where we were thinking about. We didn't think there was any sc up that way but you never know ... we thought perhaps some of the older two storey type hotels (around The Briz hotel area) behind the main strip up that end might do sc but I guess not.

Having a surf round looks like Albena may have sc places/apartments that would be ok. We might just book a cheap flight and we'll get a taxi from Varna airport to Albena and take a chance on finding something. We've done that before on holidays and it usually works out ok. We've sort of fancied Albena but the sun and sand and beach bars and being able to dip in and out of the GS nightlife kept us going there. There's sun and sand at Albena and we could still go to GS in the evening if Albena nightlife was just too quiet!!

See ya,

Phil C
We might just book a cheap flight and we'll get a taxi from Varna airport to Albena and take a chance on finding something.

Hi Phil,

Have you tried this in Bulgaria? There's a good chance you will find all the rooms are allocated to travel companies, other than very early or late in the season.

In addition, I'm not sure if the new entry requirements allow for not having pre-booked accommodation -

Embassy

Good luck,

Peter
Hello P of Y,

Thanks for that. Interesting. Guess we might not go to Bulgaria under our own steam this year!!!

See ya,

Phil C
Hi Phil C,

I'm off to Varna later this month, travelling independently - as the flight arrives late evening, I'll be staying the first night at a friend's small hotel in Evksinograd (near Sveti Konstantin), which will be the address which I will give on the form (see copy of new form) - if I subsequently move on to my own house it will than be my reponsibility to register the new address with the local Police within five days.

If, however, I moved on to another hotel/guest house, etc., it would then become the responsibility of the owner/manager of such premises to register me at the new location.

Baldur
Hi Baldur, Yvette here. Quick question, we are in the process of purcashing our apartment in Ravda, which should complete any day!. So when we go out there in May for a holiday, I am right that we need to register with the local police or as some of the apartments (incl. ours) are being rented through Balkan (from 1st June), would reception do that for us? Hope you can help. Many thanks. Yvette
Hi Yvette,

You will obviously need to put your details and the apartment address on the initial Registration Document on entry into Bulgaria.

You/your host, etc., have 5 days from date of entry into Bulgaria/change of address for registration with the local Police - I would expect that the reception should be able to sort this out for you (may be a small fee involved) but if not, you would be well advised to do so yourself, just to be sure that you have complied with the legislation.

As this amendment to the Foreigners Act only came into force on 1st January - playing it safe is the best advice that I can give at the moment - I should know more after my visit in a couple of weeks time.
  • Edited by Baldur 2006-02-04 17:13:08
Thanks Baldur, will check at reception. Any additional advise after your visit would be mos appreciated. Thanks again. Yvette
Hi Baldur/all,

Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye on this site for any developments - mebbe the budget hol hasn't quite slipped away from us yet!!

See ya,

Phil.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.