Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
thanks. we stayed in sirena in aug last year and thought it could do wiht a re ferb, then we heard it may be pulled down, it will b interesting to see what has happened to it when we return this aug. we r going with first choice this year, went with balken last year, never again.
As Patka knows, the site of the Sirena was a virtual shell swarming with Roma builders when I was in GS in March.
I did hear that it was going to be apartments but we will see.

The Balkan office will be by the little church near the Yavor.

Patka
is the golden yavor near to the sirena, by looking at the resort map we tink it just behind it. i remember going past it on hte coach but cant remember where it is.
Yes, just a little way up the hill behind it.

Check your pms

Patka
sorry what do you mean pms?
Look on the top of the board to where it says 'log in' on the left of that you will see 'you have 1 message' click on that and up will come your in box and just click on message.

Pm means personal message.

Patka
  • Edited by Patka 2007-05-13 11:16:40
PM = Private Messages, see the 'messages' link at the top of the page to check your inbox. :wink:

Baldur

<Edit> Sorry Patka - I was too slow hitting 'submit' on my post.
hi we stayed in the sirena hotel in golden sands last year, and were told it is to be knocked down, just wondering if anyone coming back from golden sands now knows if it and its pool is still there? we are going agin this year to gs but staying in the goldne yavor, just curious if sirena still exisists. htnaks.
NO it was demolished at the end of last season.

Patka
thanks do you know if the pool opposite is still there, cos that one is great for kids. we were looking forward to going to that one again?
The whole area around the site of the Sirena was full of builders/building material & so on when I was there in March, so it wasn't possible to see if the pool was there or not at that time.

Baldur
My Family stayed in the Yavor hotel last summer, original booking was for the apartments.

Hotel was ok not best but not the worst.

We never got the apartments because they had had a fall out with Balken Holidays.

Stevie
hi folks, just wondering if any one has any pics of the golden yavor in golden sands, or can tell me if it is ok or not. or if anyone can tell me where to look for pics of the rooms other than the brouchure or web site( htey dont give oto much away). thanks for any help.
Hi Cooperloian,

The best I can do for you is THIS thread.

May I just introduce you to a Bulgarian saying - "Nyama problemi". It means "I have no problems", and is the equivalent of the Australian "No worries".

I've never stayed at the Golden Yavor but it looks great to me, and I'd have no hesitation in booking a holiday there.

So nyama problemi, and have the great time I'm pretty sure you will.

Peter
Thanks for the thread peter of york. i cant wait to go in august. im sure we will have a fantastic time with NAYAMA PROBLEMI. cheers! we will have a pint a ZAG for you.
hi im am dying to know if anyone has just come back from the golden yavor in golden sands. i have had lots of info from helpful people on here allrealdy(thanks), but am just eager to know what its like ie the rooms and facilities. cheers all.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/doo407/HPIM1140.jpgPool at the Yavor
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/doo407/HPIM1060.jpg

camp bed in Yavor hotel room
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.