Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
perfume
9 Posts
I would price the perfume you want either locally at Superdrug or Semi-Chem or online before you go as it is often cheaper there than at the duty free shops.

luci :wave
to be honest ive been buying genuine testers of ebay dirt cheap lately. so i think i will give the perfume shops a miss this year. plus everytime i go in one the shop assistants don't let you browes long enough without standing right next to you (at resort). I end up leaving the store without buying as a get that horrid feeling they think i might be a shoplifter. my hubby just walks in goes stright to the aftershave he likes sprays loads on. and walks out and says that will do me for the day .
Hi, Just returned yesterday form las americas. I would check the prices before you go, I was going to buy perfume when I was there but it was alot dearer than here so didn't bother.
We were out in Fuerteventura at Easter and all fragrances were a lot more expensive than at home :shock: I was really surprised, because we've always had bargains in the Canaries before. It's not just the low exchange rate which has made it more expensive, they seem to have put the prices up anyway.
My son wanted me to pick up some Paco Rabanne 1 Million for him and honestly, the cheapest I saw it was at Manchester Airport on the way out. I was wandering around the perfume shops one day and discovered the new J-Lo Sunkissed fragrance, the cheapest I found it was 38€ 100ml, so I texted my son back home to find out how much at Boots and it's only £27!!!
If you're after something that's been around a while you'll get it cheaper online than anywhere else: Fragrance Direct and Cheap Smells are good sites to start looking, or just Google for what you want. If you're after something that's fairly new you'll probably get it cheaper at the airport :wink:
Thank you all for your responses.

Dawn :cheers
I will also be giving the perfume shops a miss this year found them a lot more expensive last year :yikes
Yes - it's usually cheaper to buy online and those assistants really put me off anyway standing watching your every move. That would definitely make me walk out and not buy anyway!
Yep can concur with a lot of you - in Tenerife I found Eternity 100ml was a few pounds more expensive than at the airport going out!

And I had left it as I thought it would be cheaper in the resort - so buy it before you go! :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.