Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
perth/brisbane
4 Posts
Both great places for a couple of weeks, but as some of the attractions on the west coast such as the Pinnacles, and Monkey Mia, mean long hours travelling I'd go for Brisbane, and if it's your first time down under, Sydney is only an hour away by the budget carriers, and as it's not school holiday time there, the fares would be reasonable if booked well in advance from the U.K. Going down on the first flight and back on the last would give you 12 hours or so for just a brief look at the central attractions Alan
Whats the best price for Brisbane anyone got any ideas, or the best to fly with :cheers
You would be surprised at how much you can do in Australia in 2 weeks if you don't mind flying between cities. We had 3 weeks, as part of a round the world trip back in 2006 and got to see pretty much everything we wanted.

We had 5 nights in Sydney, then flew Virgin Blue to Brisbane for 4 nights, then again Virgin Blue to Cairns for 5 nights, then the biggie Quantas to Ayers Rock for 2 nights (you don't need any longer) and then from Ayers Rock we flew to Melbourne via Alice Springs for 4 nights.

If I had to split it down into 2 weeks I would go with 4 nights in Sydney, 3 in Brisbane, 3 in Cairns, 2 in Ayers Rock and 2 in Melbourne, although any extra days would obviously help.

If you are flying that far, you might as well try and fit in as much as possible and the best way is obviously to fly. Sure driving overland is the ultimate way but unless you have an infinite amount of time, it is just not feasible on a 2 week holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.