Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hotel Petra Mare
599 Posts
Hi Selly, I'm sure they do sell Bailey's but you will have to pay for it, I can't remember seeing a greek alternative with the AI drinks selection.

I would imagine that the entertainment is going to be outside, there's nowhere inside for them to hold it. It is undercover and I'm sure it'll be fine, we had friends who went out there this time last year and they had lovely weather.

Have a fab time :D
hi again, thanks for your reply with regards to drinks, does anyone know what time we have to vacate our room? We arrive at the hotel at around 6.00am on the saturday morning and fly back at 3.30am the following saturday, i wondered if as the friday is classed as our 7th day we would have to leave our rooms at 10.00am on the friday as stated in the brochure, i know this is standard practice but thought i'd ask anyway!
thanks again for the info, i'll give a full report when we get back and in the meantime will hope for good weather!
K
Hiya, when we were out there last year people who had late flights eg after midnight had to vacate their rooms at 10am but there is a room where you can store your luggage. If I were you I would enquire at reception about whether you can keep your room on for the day, you usually vacate it at around 6pm then but at least you can relax for the day.

Shell :D
wht do u have to use the wristband 4 and wht coulr is it do u have room keys or room cards and how many do ya get ?? i would be greatful if u could rihg tback x
  • Edited by xcharlx 2006-10-11 20:21:35
Yes you do have to wear a wristband at this hotel.
xcharlx ... to prevent having any posts removed, please avoid use of phone text style abbreviations, as per our Rules of Posting.

Many thanks
David :wave
hi everyone, we got back a couple of weeks ago but have been unable to access my password properly. would just like to say we had a brilliant time at this hotel and have already booked to return next year. i've posted a full review on the hotel reviews but would also like to say that we did book a late check out room whilst there and it was 35 euros which is cheaper than booking with first choice so wasn't too bad really. once again can't really fault the place. if you are going soon or early next year you'll have a whale of a time.
K
Hi, :wave

i have this hotle on my long short list for next summers hol

we are a family of 3 adults and 2 young girls

i was just wondering if anyone had any imformation about the large family rooms, do they have a separate bedroom? are all you all in one room? My dad is coming with us, and even though we dont intend to spend alot of time in it, a separate bedroom would be nice, i dont think i could cope with both my hubby and my dads snorring for 2 weeks, lol :yikes

also is there any nice places around to eat out, as we would still like to eat out a few times

Thanks

Shelley :D
we really enjoyed ourselves at this hotel and have already booked to return next year. as for the rooms we were in a room that slept 6 there were three double beds in the room and a brilliant sea view, really awesome, each bed was set in an alcove for extra privacy - but no soundproofing i'm afraid! We found this ok as we were just sharing with the kids, however if you have your father with you it might we worthwhile staying in two rooms, stick the kids in the room with your dad and you and hubby can always have a bit of peace and quiet then! once again the hotel was great and is really good for young kids - ours are all teens but they still enjoyed it. the only downside is the beach is very stoney so it's worth investing in some beach shoes -around 6 euros. there are several restaurants along the promenade about a 5-10 min walk can't really say the prices though as we ate in the hotel all the time. oh yeah forget to mention the inlaws came with us - both in their sixties - and they liked it so much they've booked for 10 days there next year, whereas we are only doing 7 again.
Hi Kleptouk,
:wave

Thanks for your quick reply, it all sounds just fab, i will go and have a look at price for two rooms, not sure if my dad would agree to kids in his room though, lol, but i will certainly give it ago.

when are you going next year ?

Shelley xx :yipee
we return last week in september, awful flights but our kids are older so can cope with them now, if you want any more info let me know, i'm sure you'll have a great time if you do decide on this hotel. when was you thinking of going?
Hopefully last 2 weeks in june, i am just waiting to show all the details to my Dad, before we book it

i have priced up getting 2 rooms,and its not much extra about 200 quid, but oddly eclipes are working out more expentive than first chioce

thanks again for your help, :D
hi my family and i are going here june5th 2007 , is it a little cold at nights with it being close to the sea. also any helpfull info for infants at this hotel.
we went end of september and did find it was chilly in the el paso bar on a night as this was right next to the beach, all the entertainment is outside - other then the piano bar, although i never saw anyone play the piano! -so it is worthwhile taking a jacket or cardy but saying that daytimes were scorching.
Hi guys :)

Nervous Cyprus wanderer. I'm not overly keen on this one, Please put my mind at rest. Booked for 17th July 2007 2 weeks :?
Hi all

We went to this hotel aug 2005 click the link to see some photo's. :D :D
http://thumb1.webshots.net/t/59/759/6/69/80/2053669800049016981OoiLzC_th.jpg
  • Edited by joanyy 2007-03-29 16:25:49
If you havent already done so - why not add your review HERE

Kath x
Hi All

Just booked to go 1st May for a week me and my sis and 3 girls .Does any one no what the weather will be like i read some reports that its chilly at nite, but will the kids be able to go in the pools without turning blue.Can't wait to go 8 weeks and counting down, read loads of good reports about this hotel .Will there be entertainment at nite.Thanks Kaz :lol:
not sure about the weather but you can check weather underground for last May if that's any help. you should have full first choice entertainment on which is the usual holiday stuff - bingo, mini disco, cabaret the odd outside act brought in, not sure if the entertainment will be running at the el paso bar in the grounds as well but worth checking it out if it is.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.