Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hi mick & all

Just like to say a BIG thankyou to all who answered my queries.

Sorry but we have abandoned this resort for this year as we have booked the pegasus going 18th may!

Will look for the reviews on this one for this year & maybe look it up again next year.

We were a bit concerned by the transfer time of this one & the fact that the 6 bedded room was 3 doubles & with the four children and there ages this would not have worked out very well.

Any way wish you all a fantastic time on your hols and I do hope we wont be dissapointed with the pegagsus

Take care :yipee
kandice x
p.s took advice on caleta and wont be considering that one in future!!! :tut
Good Morning All

We got are tickets today all excited ! Anyone else going 1st week in May ? :wave
good for you have a great holiday were going 18th may for 2 weeks you can give us all the info when you get back if you would be kind enough please 8) :D
We have more photo's from 2005, if any body is interested:

http://thumb1.webshots.net/t/59/759/6/69/80/2053669800049016981OoiLzC_th.jpg

Steve & joan XX
  • Edited by joanyy 2007-05-09 06:28:16
Morning Joanyy

The pictures are great :pele , the kids are really looking forward to the water slides now ! only 12more sleeps to go .
[b] :) :D Hi this is the first time I have posted and lets hope I have got it right! We are going here in August for 2 weeks and soo cant wait - it feels like im living for it lol

Anyway does anyone know if there are tea/coffee making facilities in the room. As I have decided that if there is not I am going to buy a kettle and take one with me!

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Redcrop x[/i]
Hi Redcrop

No Kettle in room , but if you take your own you can get fresh milk and sugar from restuarant every day!

We go in 8 days so will get all this years tips and bits for you and write a review for you. :lol:
Ooh thank you so much for replying. Its great to know about the milk as we are taking an 18 month old who still likes his bottle of milk in the morning and evening!!
You must be soo excited - have a fab time and I cant wait to read your wonderful review!

Redcrop x
I'm thinking of booking this for Summer 08 now the new First Choice brochure is out. Never been to anywhere in Greece before - always been a 'Spain person'. However we tried Turkey last August and it was unbearably hot - high 40ºC's, touching 50ºC somedays :shock: Will it be the same in Crete in mid-August? I've looked at some reviews for this hotel and some people have mentioned it being windy - this will suit me fine, we're used to the Canary Islands where there's always a breeze, but if it's going to be as hot as it was in Turkey then I'm not sure if it's what I want :?
Also, what type of room should I book to give maximum space and no bed-sharing for myself and two teenagers? Obviously I'll consider the sea-view upgrade.
Hi

Last day at work today in holiday mode !! Cant wait we go tueday at 9 am . Just been on weather Monday in high thirtys!! Its looking Good :sun
Hi joanyy

Thanks for the pictures. They were very reassuring as I have not been getting too excited about this hotel yet. Mind you it's all the way in July until we go.
This is our first visit to Crete and I asked in a previous post what excursions are available. No one replied :cry:
I just would like to be prepared for what the reps are going to throw at us in the morning meeting. So what's hot and what's not? :lol:
Hi Beth

I'm going next week i'll let you know , but personallly i never go with firstchoice on trips as they allways charge more than everyone and i think thats all they are interested in on how many trips they can get out of you. I like to look around the town and put my money back into the locals and you get value for money and they have to have valid insurance.I'll be back on the forum on the 10th may . :lol:
Hi

I am off to the petra Mare on the 3rd July, and we are so looking forward to it , my 2 kids age 5 and 11 cant wait for the water park and will probably be there every day,i am just hoing that they have plenty of life guards, i was wondering if you can use your all inclusive bands in the water park as i have read in some hotels that have water parks that it is only the entrance to the park is free,hope everyone that is going to this hotel before us has a fab time....
sorry to disappoint but the 'water park' at the hotel is simply three slides in one of the pools, i think first choice describing it as a water park is a little overoptimistic, however, the slides are great and are open about 4 hours a day, you don't have to leave your lounger to watch the kids on the slide as the pools are all enclosed so you can still enjoy your all inclusive and it is a really nice hotel with a good family feel. there is also a water play area for smaller children within the complex. the layout is large pool, next to that slide pool and next to that childrens pool all within a walled area accessed directly from the hotel and overlooking the beach which is accessible by a few steps, i hope this is of use for you, it really is a lovely hotel we go back again in September.
Hi my family(me, wife, 3kids age8, 4, +2) are going to the petra mare on the 5th of june for 2 weeks. After doing extensive research on the hotel and on Ierapetra its-self , I have to say all the family cant wait. I have been able to weigh up some good and bad points that this hotel may offer us,and most seem to be good points. Here are just some. Good (1)great for kids all ages (2) good Greek food (3) kids club and creche (4)waterslides and park (5)on the beach .Now for some of the bad points that this hotel may have (1)cheap plastic cups (2) the hotel might be showing its age (3) shortage of sunbeds in the high season. Now for the town Ierapetra, Good are (1)Safe friendly area (2) not to touristy (3) If you have small kids you can use the promenade to walk into town and not the small and difficult pavements you will find in most of greece, although not all of Ierapetra is like this,it will make things easier.(4 )the longest beach in crete (but rocky). Overall we are going to this hotel and area of crete because it offers a good chance to see some of the working way of life in crete now, and keep the kids happy at the hotel, without a lot of hustle and bustle you can get in other parts of crete, greece. PS here are a few other small tips that i have picked up on .( 1) take a few sturdy plastic cups for your drinks.( 2) take swim shoes for the beach.( 3 ) dont be lazy and just walk along the promenade, go behind that and you will see the real Ierapetra, I know i will. have a great time and i will post my true opinion on both the petra mare and Ierapetra when i get back. I cant wait.
  • Edited by ginkster 2007-05-10 14:28:04
Went and booked today for next summer. Quite looking forward to it even though it's a long way off. Kids are looking forward to the First Choice entertainment (just come back from a FC hotel in Fuerteventura and had a fantastic time)
Never been anywhere in Greece before. Bought a cheap Crete guide book (£2.49) on the way home from the travel agents. Booked it at a First Choice travel agents, took a printout from home of the online price from Eclipse this morning - they matched it for me :D
See you all there next summer, with my sturdy drinking vessel (had a look at some heavy plastic picnic tumblers in asda) :wink:
Going to Petra Mare on 22nd May for 1 week any advice tips apprieciated :thanks
Have booked for 2008 after reading various reviews for this hotel and geting a good price.

Will be looking forward to hearing reviews and tips from this summer's visitors. Your comments are eagerly awaited.

First time to Crete but have been to other Greek islands before. Hoping that Crete is as good as Corfu and Rhodes.
Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in Crete at the end of october we are hoping to go on the 23rd. We are looking at the Petra Mare and would appreciate any comments from anyone who has been there. :wink: Thanks Les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.