Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
No they don"t mate best bet would be to buy some in the departure lounge when you are through customs.If are on a night flight the hotel open the resturant so you can get a drink.Enjoy it :x :wink:
Thanks Jeffice for the information. Hope you had a good holiday, only 6 weeks to go. Good tip about the plastic cups.
Donna :D
donnajoecao Hi you are travelling the same date as us :D

I read that report also. It's very off putting. I just hope it's an out of season thing (not to be excused I know). But I was thinking that maybe food is left lying around longer than it is in height of season.
well we can hope :?
jeffice

That's a sigh of relief from me also. Bear in mind I have one of the dodgiest stomachs going. I wouldn't dare travel any where abroad without my immodium plus and caline and morphine.

How long did you go for? We are there for 2 weeks and some reports from this year are saying that a week is by all means enough.
I am sure it will be your usual bog standard First Choice holiday AI, as we usually do. So we don't expect a miracle performance from the entertainment team.

Did you get dragged up on stage?
For the last 2 years we have been, but I'm wishing to spectate this year :D
Hi Beth, we are flying from Gatwick, i have a son aged 13 and a girl 8. We are all looking forward to it. I don't get involved in the entertainment but my husband always ends up on stage.
I have done all inclusive with First Choice in the past and the last one was to Crete and we had not had any problems. I believe it is what you make it and if the kids are busy and happy then i am.
Has anyone gone to Spinalonga while at Petra Mare, how long was the journey and was it worth it. Also do they serve red wine or was it just white and rose.
Donna :D
donnajoecao

Hi Donna. We like yourself make the most out of any situation. I can't stand people who moan moan moan. I mean if you want top quality food and entertainment then pay the price for it at a 5 star complex.

I will probably look forward to it come nearer the time. It's our first visit to Crete as for the last few years we have been to Cyprus. Though I hear Crete is very similar in a way.
My sister is visiting Crete in August to the rowdy side
:D She is only 18 and is going to Malia. I think it's called something like that, some 18-30's anyway.

so how long you going for?
Hi Beth when are you going?

We go 31st July for 2 weeks and I paid for it tonight so getting all excited now! We are taking 3 kids 1 who will be 11 whilst we are there, 8 and 18 months so God I need this holiday lol

We cant bear people who moan either lol just get on with it and have a great time thats what we will do! Not sure hubby will go up on stage depends how drunk I get him lol

Redcrop x
We went for one week and to be honest as much as we enjoyed it a week was enough,but we wish we were back there already.
The entertainment team work flat out but yes it is the normal First Choice entertainment,the food was well presented and there was always something that we liked.Just dont sicken yourself by putting everything on your plate as it will get repetitive if you do that.But trust me you will have a good time.Remember the plastic glasses. :glynis
Hi redcrop, shame you arrive the day we leave :(
I'll fill you in if I get chance of seeing you whilst there.

Hi Jeffice

I'm relaxing and check list for those plastic pint glasses :D

If you ever want a nice family hotel in Cyprus try the Papantonia through first Choice. Like this one, it is a bit far out, if you don't mind a 20min walk into Protaras. But the food is excellent pools good and so is service. It's been our best FC Hol yet (Accomodation wise that is).
Hi Beth
We are going for 2 weeks. it still seems a long way off yet, need to go and do some shopping to get me in the mood.
i hope that it will be fun and i can chill. i have been to Crete 3 years ago and went to the Louis Creta Princess with FC and had a great time, the entertainment team were the best i have ever met. 8)
donnajoecao

Well I am sure that we will meet you at some point. Me being the chatterbox that I am :)

We are flying out 13.50 on Tues 17th (As you know!). From Birmingham.
We have 2 daughters age's 7 and 8.
Hope to see ya soon, 6 weeks and counting every day down to my time off work :D
Hi everybody,

Any chance of anyone telling us the sort of prices for eating out and a pint :D :D

I don't want to stay the complete two weeks stuck in the hotel.

Can anybody recommend a good local bar for entertainment (kid friendly also please) :)

Thanks

BETH
For eating out there are a few bars/resturants about 15 minutes walk away in the town for the best authentic greek food go past the boats that go to Chrissy Island towards to port the nearer to the port the cheaper and it nice as well the one we went to was called ?bebo? or something like that.But the Cafe on the rocks is nice enough and it aimed at tourists(a bit pricier) but still reasonable about €2.5-€4 per pint of lager.
Hi ya, I will be staying at the Petra mare hotel on the 27th july with my husband and our 3 kids aged 11,4 and 3, does anyone know if they do a babysitting service? we went to the Holiday village Costa del sol last year with first choice and they did there.
Thanks again jefffice :)

I will check those places out.

One more question, if you don't mind.
We went and got our Euro's Sunday. The lady at the exchange encouraged us to try one of these new like debit cards. I was a bit apprehensive because well being used to travellers cheques or carrying cash, dependant on where we go and the exchange rate. The card in fact is a 'travelex' .

So is there an ATM Machine in the hotel?

Plus the lady said she was keen for our feedback on how we found using the card on our return.

So has anybody used these yet? I'm sure I'm worrying about nothing, and it's my partner who is in charge of all the cash handling. :?
Hi Clare it would appear that you will be there when we are. I dont think they have a babysitting service as such but dont quote me as this will be our first time there. Although I understand that they do have kids clubs and they have an evening session I think they call the night a pyjama party where they look after the kids till 11ish - im looking forward to that night if im right!

I just wondered if your 11 year old was a boy or a girl as our Son will be 11 when we are there and it would be great for him to have a friend - if your 11 year old is a girl he would probably prefer that lol - only joking!

Would be great to see you there!

Redcrop x
Hi guys, im trying not to panic but I have just read another bad review on holidays uncovered. Now I know that you can not please all of the people all of the time and it could be just that lol but I am thinking that if the first choice reps are really that bad im sure that if we all complain they will have to do something about it - this would also be the same with the food. Does everyone agree??

I hate causing a scene but then I sue people for a living lol and have paid a small fortune for this holiday and cant wait for the same so am trying not to panic. I also know that others have been to this hotel this year and have been fine.

Any comments appreciated.

Redcrop x
Hi Redcrop :)
The pyjama party sounds good!! love em to bits but its great to have a break from them!! Our 11 year old is a girl she will be pleased there's someone her own age there as she gets fed up with her 2 little brothers, and i think she will be just as pleased that he's a boy!!! Are you there for 1 or 2 weeks? we are only there for 1 had to have a larger room and pay for 4 adults so was abit pricey.whats the problem with the reps? we are really looking forward to this holiday and would hate to be disapointed!
Hi Clare

We are going for 2 weeks but that is because our youngest is only 1. Next year we would need 2 rooms lol.

I read a review on holidays uncovered about the hotel which was not very good and am hoping this is because it is out of season and in any event you cant please all of the people all of the time so hopefully I am worrying unnecessarily lol

I told my Son that he has already made a friend on holiday which has totally thrown him as he is not there yet lol bless him!

Have you started any lists yet lol

I want to start packing but hubby wont let me - God I am so excited!

Redcrop x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.