Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
When we were there, we never saw any 8 legged things at all, regardless of what letter they began with :D
I also hate those 8 legged things - I prefer to see Dragonflies - they're much more prettier!
I wouldn't think you'll see anything like this unless you ventured off on some sort of jungle safari. Stayed in Mexico 2 years ago and never saw any s-----s at all. I'm not taking the mick as my daughter has the same phobia as you.
thanks for your replies, i know it's irational! :lol:

i'm thinking about it, it's very frightening for me!
I don't think its irrational. Everyone has a phobia about something. Mine is ...... plug holes and cleaning toilets! I just don't like them, I have to get my partner to clean them for me. I just can't look into them and I just can't face having to clean them! Total madness isn't it? You're not along with your phobia. :?
I don't like them either, was one of my worries about going to Cuba but didn't see any at all of any size :D
Been to Cancun twice and Playacar once, never saw anything like that, the only big thing we saw was a beautiful Turtle laying her eggs on the beach, what a wonderful sight.
I share your fear, and i am well aware that they are very popular in the dom rep but i have never seen one to date, fingers crossed!...however when in cayo coco cuba last year my husband saw one as big as his hand resting in the water feature in the bar area of our hotel.... :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.