Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Ian

i'm in pernera at the marlita from next wednesday & will be visiting the
pheonix for breakfast...

good site like the photo's keep it up

Gary
Hi Ian,
That's a great website. If you are looking for any photos to post as a kind of guest book, I have one of my nephew taken in the bar just after it re-opened. Thought I had more than one but he is messing around with a bottle of Keo which doesn't look great for a 12 year old !! Let me know if you are planning to do this and if so, the best way to get a pic included.
Claire
Like It :) Well done, have added it to my favorites
Looking at the map and realising the name, was this up where the Stuffed Olive burnt down ?
cy the stuffed olive was on the right as you looked across the road and from memory the sparticus was about 3 down to the left next to the jewlers

brian
Oh right, I thought with the rising from the ashes and all that...
no your half right the Phonix ha risen from the ashes of sparticus if you remember the were both in a parrade of shops, the whole lot went up
From memory I think it was the Cordon Blue, Stuffed Olive, and Spartacus that burnt down. Cordon Blue is open again (I think?) and Spartacus is now Phoenix and the Stuffed Olive is now a shop.

As I say, I may be wrong and someone could correct me.

Kezza
Thanks for the comments folks.

I hope people will start to see my site as I want to help out the couple that run the Phoenix as they are such lovely people.

You are all welcome to join.

Anybody that has picture's of the Phoenix let me know and I will add them.

Thanks for checking it out.

I did ask permission from admin on here before posting this.
The fire as a few have said involved Gordon Blue, Stuffed Olive and Spartacus (now Phoenix).

The Gordon Blue has now re-opened as has the Phoenix but as of 5 weeks ago when I was there last the plot in the middle which was the Stuffed Olive was still empty but the last rumours I heard were that it would be a shop as Kezza says.
The Stuffed olive was one of the first places we ate at when we went for an evening meal.. I had a really good chefs special steak but other said theirs wasn't to special... so it looks like I won't be back there this time...

thanks for the info
Just to let you know I have added a few more phoro's to the site.

I won't be able to put anymore on until I go over in September but then there will be loads.

Please take a look.
Hiya cardiff lad...the picture you took of pernera..was it taken above the chinese place..???
It was Hevleigh.

It was where my apartment was. I took it from my balcony.
cardiff lad.. we will wave when we go past next time were there...we go back 20th sept for 2 weeks.staying at the toxotis just up the road on the way to protaras
Hmm - that makes three of us there that week ;)
Ian will probably be in there to wave back to you Hevleigh :)
I wont be in that apartment as I wont be using it again but will be nearby. Probably the Debbiexenia.

As Ady says that will be at least three of us from here at the same time.
Pubdog...you didnt say where your staying :wink:
Hi Hevleigh
I stay in Deryneia, just around the corner from the Folkloric Museum (well, about 3 mins walk)

Ady
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.