Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Emma,

We returned from the Pineta Deluxe a fortnight ago.
It depends on your standards really... we're all different.
Like you, before going I was starting to panic at some of the reviews I read.
The truth is that the hotel was built 5 years ago to a VERY high specification. It would have been stunning then... all furnishing etc being very designer. Now, the hotel is still very nice but it appears to have not been maintained which is quite typical to hotels in Turkey, in my experience.
Don't worry - it is very nice. Carpets in the rooms/suites are a little grubby and small things like the grouting in the bathroom shows mould in parts. To be fair, the price we paid we were more than happy... albeit we did do a bit of hotel hunting for our Turkey holiday next year. Last year we were in a total dump (our first year in Turkey) so we were fair chuffed! From a 'quick look' its a stunning hotel. It's just a bit run down... but nothing horrendous. The sockets are all still secure in the walls, etc.

You'll enjoy your time. Please don't worry... enjoy!
Thank you so much, you have put my mind at ease.
I was thinking that maybe the people who put these reports on that are so negative are used to staying in top 5 star hotels and maybe this hotel is more a 3 star plus, which is fine for us as we got such a good deal on it anyway.

Anyway thank you so much again.
Emma
booked the ai pineta park deluxe hotel in marmaris for end of may for 1 week....has anyone any info on the hotel and the area??? how close is the hotel to beach,the centre etc.....there's 4 adults and 2 children going aged 7 and 9 months.............what is there for children etc... thanks!!!

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
debs83,

Welcome onboard :tup
You might find our member reviews of the Pineta Park on the Hotel Review section useful. Our members resort reviews for Marmaris and nearby Icmeler might be useful as well.

Darren
Remember there are 2 Pinetas next too each other,one building is much older than the other.
I think thats where many of the bad reviews stem from.
A quote from elsewhere

"CLUB HOTEL PINETA Set in a large garden, once a pine forest, and surrounded by orange and lemon trees, this is a lovely location. This is the sister hotel to the Pineta Park Deluxe Hotel and offers the same high level of service."

Just make sure you read the right review for the right hotel :tup
debs83

These hotels are situated in the Siteler area of Marmaris. The beach is within walking distance, say approximately 10 mins. You only need to walk out of the hotel to the main street and from there you can catch a dolmus to go along to the Marina area or if you like go in the other direction and you can go into nearby Icmeler.

I can rememeber there was a good outdoor play area for kids in the Pineta Club and also nearby there is a waterpark. Not sure what will be open in May though.

If you look at this map you will see the Pineta at the very bottom - left hand side.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/scottishbikers/galllery3/mymar-1.jpgwill be open in May though.

When we have been in the month of May we enjoyed the climate better, not the piercing heat you would get in July/Aug. Hope this helps a little.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.