Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Not much there apart from the tower and the cathedral. However Florence isn't far on the train, only 30 mins to an hour and would make a great day out.

luci :wave
As well as the Tower you can also see the Duomo, the Baptistery and the Camposanto (basically an indoors graveyard).

All three are interesting if you like religious buildings. We liked the Campo best.

You will find that the ticket for the Tower is separate from the other three but cost the same. When we went back in September 2006 it was around €15 for each ticket per person.

Allow all day for everything in the Miracoli Gardens (that's what the square is called). Go on a sunny day if possible because when you come around the corner for the first time it'll take your breath away.

Then again in January that could be because of the cold :)

The City centre isn't bad. Bit small but plenty of shops and eateries. It's nice along the river and on the other side (airport side).

Some pics here on my Flickr page: http://tinyurl.com/5jhytm
Harriers9 wrote:
The City centre isn't bad. Bit small but plenty of shops and eateries. It's nice along the river and on the other side (airport side).

Some pics here on my Flickr page: http://tinyurl.com/5jhytm

Ta for the link Phil very nice
personally I'm not interested in Christian buildings except for the architecture (I'm Pagan LOL) but you can't get away from it in Italy can you see my Venice pictures for what I mean

As long as there's somewhere to eat and drink and maybe a train or two sounds good to me
OK guys her's our shortlist of hotels

in preferencial order

Repubblica Marinara Hotel
This 4 star hotel is located in the suburbs of Pisa and was established in 2003. It is close to the Historical Centre.

Twin Room (Classic Room) Bed And American Buffet

any one with ideas on the "American Buffet " ??

Ariston Hotel
Literally off the leaning Tower, the 3 star hotel Ariston is the perfect place to stay when visiting the enchanting city of Pisa.

anyone been there
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.