Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I there I do not know really where to start but if you go to a site I use regularly for what is going on in Menorca

This has a calender of daily events and other things what is going on

Hope this helps

tinks x
  • Edited by luci HT Mod 2008-08-03 17:56:48
    Link removed. Posting from Spain and a moderator of the site she's recommeneding
Fornells in your list is a good contrast to the others, grab a boat trip while your there. Mount Torro is worth a drive up and will pass a couple of hours. I also like the Binibeca area, stick to the coast roads and watch out for groups of cars parked together. Its a sure sign of a beach close by that may be a bit quieter than those in the main resorts.

Son Bou beach is too big to get crowded!

Have a good 'un
If you are interested in history, there are some great sites - you will see signs for talayots and navetas along the main road. Just follow them and explore! Also Fort Marlborough near Mahon is worth a visit.
The tourist office in Cuitadella (in square opposite cathedral) has a great selection of leaflets, festival and market dates, concert dates etc. Having 2 children, we tend to head to a site early then continue on to a beach later to relax. Most historic sites are also free on Sundays but only a few euros entry anyway.
Came home yesterday and missing it sooooo much :(
Thanks for the replies and suggestions, which have been a great help.

Tamariscos, can I assume from your username that that's where you stayed in CNB? That's where we stayed 5 years ago...how did you get on there if it is where you stayed?
Hi nicJW
Yes stayed at Tamariscos for last year three years. Used to stay at the Paradise club amongst others (done last 10 years in Cala'n Bosch).
Love the Tamariscos for it's position, pools, no fight for sunbeds (although was getting earlier this year), laid back atmosphere and that there are lots of nationalities staying there. My children are 8 and 12 now so don't want wall to wall kids clubs and prefer to play in pool and just go and join in when they feel like it. During our first week this year, just 2 English families and about 4 or 5 the second week but they still made friends. All staff and kids reps speak english as do many guests so not a problem.
Even went to the kids disco which we could put up with as we viewed the sunset. Also had breakfast one day this year, expensive but very very good. Must try dinner next time.
Here's to next year - pricing up flights but double what we paid this year :cry
Go to Sant Tomas beach for the day, its the next resort to Son Bou, Sant Tomas just does it for me, check it out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.