Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Well, Benalmadena is not the best place for attractions in the rain. The best and nearest dry attraction would be Sealife Centre in the Puerto Marina. Come down the hill from the hotel and drop down onto Paseo Maritimo (the prom to us) turn left and you'll get there in about 10 minutes. You can catch buses to anywhere on the coast from the main road (N340) just down the hill from the hotel. Unfortunately, places that the kids will like don't spring to mind to easily. There is an ice skating rink in Malaga (there will be one up in Arroyo de la Miel this time next year or sooner). You could also go to Plaza Mayor where they show english films (ask at the hotel but the train from Arroyo is probably the easiest). But I'm sure the weather will be just lovely for you 8)
We went to the zoo in Fuengirola last month - it was bigger than i expected and spotless. The kids loved it and it passed a couple of hours while we waited for the sun to come out!
Hi,

We are 2 adults and have no kids coming with us!! So will check out some villages/town etc etc that we can visit. Might have a look at the train and then where else we can get another train too etc etc Thanks any way

Gill x
I agree With Arroyoarry, Plaza Mayor is a good place if you get rain as he said there is the Cinema which shows films in English, there is also a 'Big Fun' which has bowling and arcade games, Plaza Mayor is also packed with good eating places.
You can get to Plaza Mayor on the train but be careful as there are certain times when it doesn't stop at the Plaza Mayor stop.
If you like boot sales and antiques,theres a large one at Fuengirola recinto ferial on a Sat morning.Get there by bus or train.
In addition theres one at the recinto ferial in Arroyo on a Wed.
Bus tour of malaga,runs every half hour or so get off where you like.then hop on the next,or the one after that until you get back to where you started.The Alkazar is worth spending a half hour walking around.
Cheers for all that it is now just myself going as I have split up with my partner!! But I am sure to have a great time

gill x
Gill.
If your on your own in Benal, then you must try a club called Bunnys. Its run by 2 gay guys (but isnt a gay bar) and is an absolute must for anyone wanting a full on fun night. Its right near Bonanza square.

Good luck.
the zoo is lovely,watch the show that they put on the kids will love it,.
.sorry jumped gun there but got exited when someone else mentioned zoo,well you could enjoy it,i spent most of the time on my own looking at gorrillas,they fascinate me.please be careful when out on own with your bag,you,ll find plenty of company anyway ,lots of brits over there.use the buses ,they are really easy to get around on,go and enjoy yourself.if you decide to go to zoo catch bus to fuengarolla bus terminal get off ask someone for burgerking,follow the road round the right for 5mins.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.