Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Where are you staying in Maspalomas? can then tell you where to go.Always stay there myself/
hi we are staying at the Cay beach princess bungalows, which they say is 3km away from playa del ingles. none of our party have ever been to gran canaria so this is all new. thanks for your help.
:wave: Hi chelsea girl 1981, You are not far from the FARO 2 cc you will have to cross a busy road to get to it, there a loads of bar/restuarants etc there. Can recommend MICHAEL ANGLELOS (italian) and also the BANANA BAR for loads of laughs and great music, in PDI there is EL GAUCHOS fab place, its just behind the big church near the taxi rank and also EL RANCHO, on the taxi rank. When you go to PDI just get a cab and ask for the KASBAH that will be central to everything. On the Maspalomas beach (when in a taxi) ask for EL FARO (lighthouse) and with the lighthouse facing you take a right and you are on the maspalomas bolovard with its array of restuarants/bars loads to chose from, our fav is THE GRAND ITALIA, the 19TH HOLE is another nice one, but i dont think you can go far wrong with any of them. Hope this helps and anything you want to know shopping day trips don't hessitate to ask.
hi TWINKY-WINKEY :wave:
thanks alot for your info on the resturants, we will definatley be trying some if not all of them.
Do u know anything about the cigarette allowence, as we have some smokers in our group, and we have heard that u cannot bring much back.
Also do u know much about our apartments, we have read the reviews but are now a bit worried about how clean it is. :(
And if you have any photo's u could share with us, we would be greatfull.(don't worry if not)
sorry to ask you all this but it's to have a picture in mind of the place you go to

thanks again
chelseagirl1821 :)
:wave: Hi chelseagirl, If you go to http://www.thomson.co.uk as if you are going to book with them, they have some fab pics of the complex there. how old are your children? maybe I can recommend some places to go. cigerette allowance is 200 per person and one litre of spirits per person. Hope this helps.
There are lots of photos taken by holidaymakers on the 'holidaycheck' website.
http://www.holidaycheck.com/hotel-Travel+pictures_Hotel+Cay+Beach+Princess-ch_ub-hid_110411.html
(never sure if allowed to put link or not!) Have a great time!
hi again twinkey-winkey :wave: , thats for great info and help, i have visited the thomson website and your right they have great pics on there, the children in our party are 13,8 and 2, thanks again for your help. :)
hi mehmeh1 :wave: , i have also visited the website you told me about and have got some great pics from there. thanks :)
On that website there is a coupon you can print out for a discount. We did this, but discovered they expect you to print out one coupon per person, not one coupon per party! So learn from our mistake. :) Also they offered a second day free, which was good.
From my experience everywhere in Maspalomas/Playa del ingles to eat are excellent, you must try the steaks. Also went to Faro II 2 lucky lukes for breakfast every day for a fry up, delicious :tongue
Think Lucky Lukes is closed now, was there last Nov but cannot be 100% sure.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.