Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
I hope you are not too confused as it may mar your holiday.
If you use google earth go to:
21.05.49.38"North
75.56.04.62" West numbers in the bottom corner of the map...

and you will see the hotels. Bottom one is the Playa Pesquero, above it is the Coste Verde and at the top is the Blau Coste Verde.
The town is over to the east, In fact if you move along the coast to the east just as the map get detailed you can see the catamarans out in the water where the snorkelling trip dives over the coral. The hotel is the PDRO. Keep going along and you see the "village" Guadalavaca?

Varedero is over by Havana on the west of the island.
Sorry, thats my mistake. Getting my names mixed up.

I went to them co-ordinates but could only see 2 hotels. 1 is in an enclosed sea area. Is this right?

Were looking for something to do or somewhere to go on scooters or push bikes.
Actually, just found it.

So is there anything worth seeing? And most of all, is it perfectly safe to go out the hotel?
Actually, the area around Guardalavaca (near Playa Pesquero) has many interesting sites:
1)The Bahía de Naranjo, about 5km (3 miles) west of Guardalavaca is a 1,000-hectare nature park of mangrove swamps and thickly wooded wilderness. Within the park, visitors can hike along trails and take boat rides. Plenty of man-made attractions round out the more ecologically oriented offerings.
2)There is the aquarium at Cayo Naranjo, a sliver of an island reached by boat, isn't really a large-scale aquarium in the traditional sense; it's part of a tourist complex, but it does feature tropical fish as well as a daily marine show and an opportunity to swim with dolphins.
3)The town of Banes is about 30km southeast of Guardalavaca, Banes is best known for its unlikely association with the towering figures of 20th-century Cuba. Fulgencio Batista, whose government the rebels deposed in 1959, was born here in 1901. Fidel Castro and his brother, Raúl, were born nearby in Biran. The hotels and tour operators in Guardalavaca arrange guided excursions to Banes, though if you wish to go independently, you could easily do so by rented moped or taxi
4)In the hills of the Banes zone are 96 archaeological sites from the Native American groups that once populated the area: Museo El Chorro de Maíta and across the street from that is Aldea Taína, a re-creation of a native Arawakan Indian village.
There are many more... just google "Guardalavaca points of interest" to find them.
Hope this helps!
:P
Whats Google? :D
Thanks for you help Gardengal
Whats Google?

A search engine.
I know, i was joking :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.