Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I'm off to rethymnon 30th aug for 2 weeks staying in the old town and although it's been a few years since I headed to rethhymnon usually stay stalis way the resort ahould be in full swing at this time of the year.Can't help you out with the place hope any replies you get will perhaps help me out too,am staying at the pepi stuidios.
Rick.
I asked on another forum and they said they where I am staying is the platanes of Rethymnon, which is just east of Rethymnon town. Platanias is in Chania.

However there are a lot of misspellings and the Platanes is sometimes referred to as the platanias, just to make everything confusing! I searched 'platanes rethymnon map' in google images that have made it all abit clearer!

Also someone mentioned searching holidaycheck.com/city-travel+pictures rethymnon n google. On that website you can choose a hotel from the list and it brings up pictures!

:)
Hi Clareyfairy,

We stayed at the Bueno at at the end of June for 2 weeks. It was lovely! Platanes is like one road with lots of tavernas and shops. It is quite a busy road but the Bueno is off the main road behind a supermarket and it's lovely. It's so pretty, it is in a road where there are a few hotels and apartments owned by the same family. The staff are all lovely. At the end is a large swimming pool and the beach. We caught the bus into Rethymnon once and got off at the old town. We spent the day there it was lovely. You get the tickets from the supermarket and catch the bus just by the supermarket. If you carry on after the old town i think it is only one stop or maybe two to the bus station. We walked to the station to catch the bus back to the Bueno. At the bus station you can catch buses to lots of different places.

We did an excursion with First Choice to the Samaria Gorge which was really good but there are other excursion companies in Platanes. Also there are some leaflets for excursion companies in the hotel reception and the staff will help you book.

We went on a trip on a little yellow train which does a lot of excursions from Platanes. We went up into the mountains to four little villages. You get off the train and have a guided walk through each village. There were about 12 excursions you could go on each lasting about 3 or 4 hours. We really enjoyed it. Jason the First Choice rep is really nice and helpful too.

The Bueno do a bbq on Wednesday night which was good with Greek dancing.

Have a lovely time, i am sure you will! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.