Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Leyland Lass

There is a market on Saturdays in Playa Blanca, its in the Marina Rubicon and any taxi driver will know it. They sell mostly nic-nacs and home made stuff but my wife goes mad for the cheesecloth clothes stall. There's also a man who sells loads of leather stuff he makes himself.

Hope this helps a bit
The Marina Rubicon market that leentina mentions is also on each Wednesday too - Mornings only though for both days... so get there nice and early. They normally start packing up around 1pm. The central area has a fella selling local wines, and playing music. You can't miss him - he has a mannquin sat with him. There's a really nice bar there so you can sit, listen to the wine man's music, and watch the world saunter by. We always head for "Taberna" which is a really friendly place just behind the Butterfly shop.

There's also another market (albeit smaller) on the road from Playa Blanca to Femes. Good for nick nacks etc.

Elle xx
Thanks leenlina & elle1971 can we get to either of these by bus. Do they do any trips to this market in Playa Blanca.
Yes, there is a bus service between Puerto del Carmen and Playa Blanca. I know that there are trips available too... as I've seen the coaches - but I don't know who does them, sorry. Maybe pop into Last Minute Travel... and have a chat to them. They have offices in Carmen.

Elle xx
Yes Last Minute Travel do coaches from PDC and it costs about 12 euro each I think but its a lot cheaper than a cab. The buses do run to Playa Blanca but the last stop is at the bus garage at the ferry end of Playa Blanca and its a good 20-25 mins walk after that to the market, also the buses in Lanzarote are few and far between,we waited about 45mins to 1hr for one,not sure if we had just missed one but it was a long wait. If you book a trip at least you get dropped off at your hotel,less aggro and more to lay in the sun :sun2

leentina
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.