Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Playa blanca
39 Posts
Perfect! :wow
Check out here for info and nice piccies........

http://www.graysworld.co.uk
I agree - its ideal.
I was there in late Oct, liked enough to book again for Feb '05.
Top resort http://webpages.charter.net/connectingzone/agree/35.gif

Myself and the Good Lady & 15 year old daughter went to Playa in 2002, and if we had not booked for Turkey in 2004 we would have gone back to Playa Blanca without hesitation http://webpages.charter.net/connectingzone/agree/7.gif

You will love it there http://webpages.charter.net/connectingzone/holiday/5.gif

Regards,

TIMUK.
I dont think you could go wrong - definately the best resort in Lanzarote for you, lovely beaches, very long prom all along the resort, plenty of good restaurants and shops, spotlessly clean, no nightclubs etc. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone or go back ourselves.
Excellent resort we were here in Sept.
Had a really relaxing time, good selection of restaurants and I think we tried most of them with never a bad meal.
Will definately be going back again.
We are two couples in their early forties that just like to chill on holday.
Playa Blanca is a great resort, there are a couple of lovely beaches, plenty of resturants and a nice prom that runs along the sea front. There are great views of Fuerteventura from Playa Blanca.

We went there for the first time this September and the weather was great, we will be going back in the future.

Em :D
I agree with all the above its a perfect resort not too quiet and certainlly not too noisy. Try the restaurants off the main drag, very good value and lovely food.
Hi we are off to the sun tropical on the 18th, can anyone advise where we can book excursions locally rather than through the reps, there are 10 of us going and prices always seem to be more expensive when you book with the reps. Thanks
I was on holiday in PB a few months ago and saw leaflets everywhere for a firm I think were called Luton Travel (or something like that) the leaflets were left on the wall along the sea front, their prices seemed less than the reps prices.
Thanks judith, wil look out for luton travel as we will more than likely save quite a bit by booking with locals rather than the reps.
I was at the Lanza Princess and some acquaintances booked their trip to Teguise Market with this company - they had a good day and it was a LOT cheaper than going with a tour operator. I can't remember the name either but there are loads of leaflets lying about. The only complaint they had was that the a/c bus picked them up 40 minutes late. But that could happen with any company I daresay, typical manana approach!!! :roll:

Enjoy your holiday!!!! 8)
Thanks for replying susannah, this is our first visit to lanzarote and really looking forward to it. We are planning on going to the waterpark too, and will look out for leaflets advertising excursions.
We have booked trips with Luton travel in Playa Blanca, much cheaper that with reps. and we found them to be very good, air conditioned coaches and informative reps. Well organised!
Hi marge8, is there an office for luton travel in the town center? By all accounts our hotel the sun tropical is approx 15 mins walk to the town so will definately book through luton rather than the reps. Thanks for replying.
Hi Sue,
We picked up details about Luton Travel in the hotel foyer and reception did all the booking for us. The coach picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel. Really convenient :D
Hi
Just looked in a june 2005 Lanzarote gazette and there is a contact number for lutons travel in the uk 00441858419217. This is from Lanza to uk so I assume you remove 0044 and add 0 to call from here. They may be able to help.
Thanks welshlass for the tel number. People are so kind for taking the time to reply. Will let you know how we found booking the trips through luton travel when we return.
I just got back from Lanza at 4am this morning.
We went on a couple of trips with Lutons, they were really good value for money, with English or English-speaking guides on the coach and I would certainly recommend them to anyone! Here is their site: http://www.lutonstravel.com/in/excursions/index.html
Thanks for web address cyberspacekadette. Hope you had a great holiday. We go in 6 days and cant wait. What was the weather like? Never been to lanzarote before.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.