Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
HI

You will enjoy las americas.

And yes your right, the veronicas are can be a bit duanting, but then again there are a lot of people who go there. As it always seems busy when we go past. But the starcos area is booming, rags, tramps linekas, there all top places to be.

Daughter went last year and loved it.

As for accommodation for the young i would look at booking

Hacienda del sol
Playa azul
hotel columbus (daughter sayed here)

these are well known to be for the young in summer.
Just do a review of them, and you will see that people say, suitable for the 18-30 ages.

They are all withing a 5 min walk to starcos so you can't go wrong there.

Any more advice feel free to ask.
KKlala

You could also view the hotels mentioned, in the Hotel Reviews section of the site. You'll find it here It will also give you other hotels in various parts of Tenerife if you wish to stay anywhere other than Playa de Las Americas or Los Cristianos for instance.
thanks for the info im not sure though should we book through a travel agent or maybe go DIY, do you know of any good apartments for young people if your booking through Budget travel?
If you haven't done cDIY vtravel before it can be a mine field. I have only had experience of the Columbus Aparthotel and it was a few years ago. I know that they do not tolerate bad behaviour from whatever source and it has been reported on here that hey throw out anyone who does not adhere to the rules of the complex in saying that it is an ideal base from where to go to the like of Veronicas Star co etc and also has a nice pool to laze away the day before going out on the batter. There is CCTV inside the hotel itself so be aware your being watched :)
It does both SC and Half board and when I was there the food was of a reasonable standard not you five star but enough for you so you did not starve.
I'm sure there are others on here who can give you more advice from the younger side of the age divide :) have a good'un whenever you go.
Hey Klala

Im from Dublin and I reckon you should check out the prices to fly to tenerife direct before booking a package. I try to go DIY myself, done it to portugal twice and going to Tenerife for second time this Easter. Check out the Aer Lingus website for flights direct. Ryanair fly to Tenerife but only to the North which is a fair distance and cost to Las americas and the route does not seem to be well serviced by bus just yet. Aer Lingus go to the south airport which is perfect for Las Americas just come out of aiport hop into a taxi only costs about 20euro. Could book apartments direct too. Check out the price difference see if its worthwhile.

If you do decide to do it yourself dont forget to take out a travel insurance policy too. Try one of the banks, we always get a policy for a year and it even covers around ireland. Works out not much more than a standard one trip policy with a package. Good to have and easy to foget when youre doing it yourself.

Good luck to you! hope youve a brill time. Tenerife is fantastic!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.