Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Poniente Area...
10 Posts
the Pontiente area is the old town area , more or less Renee . maybe i`m wrong.
Wher abouts are you staying ? I have stayed at Beni beach twice. I might be able to give you a few places around that area.
not to sure exactly as we are renting a private apartment. I konw it's on the beach and near a large supermarket but that's all info I have...
the Pontiente area is the old town area , more or less Renee .

Not quite, tartanscone. Just as the Levante starts at the Old Town and stretches a couple of kilometres east towards the Rincon de Loix, the Poniente also starts at the Old Town and stretches a couple of kilometres west towards La Cala Finestrat. Poniente is a massive area like the Levante, but nowhere near as densely populated.

Renee, if you were able to obtain some more info about the location of your apartment, it may assist with recommendations.
David :wave
Poniente is in the old town of benidorm. I have stayed there at benibeach apartments on the beachfront..they were lovely apartments, the old town is fabulous different to levante. But be warned if you are going, as i have just come back having stayed in levante this time, the beachfront is being renovated, diggers everywhere there the road is all dug up and very messy. If you are looking for apartments be careful as a lot of them in the old town are very very basic and some are a bit scruffy, i have found the apartments in levante to be better quality however there are many lovely hotels..
Poniente is in the old town of benidorm. I have stayed there at benibeach apartments on the beachfront.

Sorry to contradict, but to try and prevent any confusion, I should point out that neither the Poniente nor the Beni Beach Apartments are in the Old Town. The Old Town separates the Poniente from the Levante and so as I mentioned earlier, the Poniente starts at the Old Town just as the Levante does, with both areas stretching some considerable distance from the Old Town. The Beni Beach Apartments are in the Poniente area, within walking distance of the Old Town but not actually in the Old Town.

David :wave
Hi Chrissy27, When you say they are digging up is it anywhere near the Plan De Accesibles on the beach not far from the Hotel Cimbel. We are coming out for a month in October stay at Tor Maraya.
Hiya again, I've now found out our apartment in in Edifico Turia, Calle Vincente Llorca Alos and it is by "Brasilia" and "Restaurante Turla" if that helps!!
I think you should be away from the Poniente renovations there. They are right along the beach front. You are nearer to La Cala there I think. There is a cafe bar called Yago near to that road and the Avda Villajoyosa. There is also a little Greek restaurant there.

Can't think which supermarket is very close. there was a DiaDia on Avda Villajoyosa, but that is closed now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.