Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Billw
Have you tried http://www.spain-holiday.com We've just booked an apartment from them for Jan/Feb, frontline, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and balcony on front and side. Looks very well equipped, it's property 6860and they're doing a special deal in May. Another to try is with Holiday lettings no. 64145 in Veracrux apartment which is also right on the front and has 2 beds. Both these are privately owned. I agree that it is getting more difficult to find private apartments now, just wonder if everyone is selling up.
These 2 aparts are very near each other and in a very good position, near loads of shops, bars and supermarket just round the corner. Poniente beach is about 20 min walk away along the promenade (depending how many times you stop for a beer!) We much prefer Lavante as there are so many different places to eat and is cheaper than than the old town (Poniente). We haven't stayed in either of these particular aparts before but thought they seemed reasonable.

Let me know how you get on

Katy
I've always stayed right in the centre of the Levante end of town. It is definitely noticeable that this area has less and less British tourists each year and the Spanish seem to be reclaiming it. Bars and clubs in this area are getting very quiet (I am talking about up to 1am, I have no idea what happens later but I didn't get woken once by the British teenagers' dawn chorus this year!) I get the impression that the British "centre of gravity" is moving towards Rincon de Loix for some reason (probably a certain TV series). That means that Poniente and Cala Finestrat are now even further from the night life. That might be what you want if you are after a quiet beach holiday. The beach at Cala Finestrat doesn't have the annoying rocks of Levante but it often has horrible sea grass floating about that my kids really don't like.
Distances: I personally would not want to walk from say halfway up Poniente to the far end of Levante and wouldn't even dream of walking from Cala Finestrat. The buses run very regularly until about 3am and take about ten to fifteen minutes. If there are five of you that would add 12.5 euros per return trip to Levante.
Next time I go I'm going to go further up towards the Rincon end, if only so my youngest will have more British kids to play with during days by the pool. Gemelos 22 seems to get good reviews, so I might try that.
Katy - Colin

Many thanks for your responses it is very much appreciated and if anyone else has anything to add, especially on private accomodation for rent in Poniente, Levante or the Rincon De Loix area that would be great.

Again Many thanks

:wave:

BillW
Take a look at the vina del mar apartments .... http://www.vina-delmar.com
You can check out rentalia.com Lots on there torremar apartments are very nice visited friends that stayed there in july mazza
http://www.rentalia.com/88130 Sorry dont think last one worked put if link doesnt work just type it in pics and rates of the torremar mazza
Bill, we have stayed twice at Beni Beach apartments, they are situated halfway along Poniente beach. We stayed in a 3 bedroomed apartment with 2 bathrooms the first time, it was an end apartment and it had through the enclosed balcony panoramic views of both Poniente and levante beach. We loved it, second time in a 1 bedroomed apartment. Although they are a bit out for most people we enjoyed their situation because we spend alot of time in the old town,we also walk miles on holiday so it never bothered us about their location.

Another apartment complex I can recomend and is in a better situation is the Avenida, they are in the old town and they have 2 bedroomed apartment with a sofa bed in the lounge area.

Both of these can be book online direct with the apartments or through an agent. You might even get a package holiday to them.

Good luck I hope you find what you are looking for.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.